Wednesday, December 08, 2010

5

Then- Computer Image by SnaggleTooth 2005



I've recently been taking a trip down Old File Memory Lane. In Dec 2005 I answered a ton of tag questions I'd saved. In year 2010 I want to see how I'd re-answer some of these questions. It's been ages since I've tried to answer anything but comments!
.

Now- Image by SnaggleTooth 2010
After a long, crazy 2005 image search, due to horribly labeling folders awhile back, I finally found a couple .(whew!)
.
Here's the answer to one question:

.
... 5 years ago...
.
I had the same computer! (but not updated) I'd just begun blogging on ESR as an experiment. Previously, I'd done several free websites n knew some HTML code, at least. I used to journal on paper alot more. I didn't have a working Camera, n original images to post were scarce. I directly scanned in actual leaves n old pics. I'd begun making some greeting card images in PaintShop Pro. (Image at top used for one, "Red Koala" made from it today).
.
Then- Photo 2005Then- Photo 2005There were only two Little Ones in my life who were infants. I was driving the same Little Truck. Mischief was only 6 years old. Her sister Turtle was still here. I was applying for jobs, n had to start working evening hours in January '06.
.
Now- Image by SnaggleTooth 2010


I only had downstairs folks to deal with in the summertime. Otherwise I was rested! I really miss that... (Those restful, very quiet winters...)
.
.
.
.
.
(This scan has Trumpet flower berries in it)
.
Then- Scan by SnaggleTooth 2005
N 5 years ago today, I wrote about the anniversary of John Lennon's death n his effect on my soul.
.
Thirty years ago, I lived in a third floor apartment on the west side of town, n had little babies. I was alone that night when I heard that news. I ran across the hall to the neighbors n friends, Larry n June, who ran a local petshop. We all were pretty shaken about it. I'm glad I had some company to help me deal with that. I picked up my guitar n played "Imagine" off the top of my head for the first time.
.
Now- Image by SnaggleTooth 2010
.
All this time later, I'm still upset about John being taken violently, n being robbed of his unborn music.
.
.
Five years ago in December, I'd already made some wonderful blog buddies. This year I have more great online folks I always look forward to connecting with n reading their posts n comments.
.
In 5 some things have changed, n much has stayed the same...

7 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Blogger TALON said...

Isn't it something when you take the time to stop and look over your shoulder? It's amazing how much things change and yet they still stay the same.

John Lennon's music will remain forever, but, like you, it hurts me to think about the creations he'll never be able to share.

I love your scanned artwork, Snaggle. Beautiful!

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger ... Paige said...

as Talon said, love your scanned artwork.

things change and still we are the same only smarter, yeah that's it lots smarter

:-)

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

Lots going on in five years - I am glad you are still blogging! I had no idea that would even be a possibility for me five years ago.

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, This month before the new year retrospect is inherent for me. I like realizing what still holds importance to me. As Paul Simon once sang with Garfunkle in Central Park, "After changes upon changes we are more or less the same." Thanks

Paige, thanks, Ya! Lots smarter... (Doh!

Lynn, Thanks- me too! -Turned out to be a very long term experiment! Wasn't life on a different Planet 5 years ago?

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

Seeing the past again
standing there before my eyes
I hope not, no not me

Remembering old friends the new ones
and those that never left
I hope so, yes I do

looking ahead to tomorrow
of things unseen and unknown
I wonder should I or even would I

 
At 2:36 AM, Blogger Opaque said...

If one cares to really look, they can discover so many unseen things.

 
At 4:19 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, I like todays poem alot! Would I still blog? As long as I can get away with it, I think! Thanks

Opaque, I'd forgotten so much of what I'd done back then until I looked, too! I'm sure you have alot of old work to sort as well- So much to discover n search for...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home