Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Lackadaisical

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2010
.
.

There's alot of old files on my machine I've been reading thru. one list found was from awhile back posted on April 11, 2006 by Jen of "MBI" which I used to read.
.
One meme answer states:
1. My roommate once:
Broke a light bulb and instead of cleaning it up, he wrote "broken glass" on a piece of paper and laid it over the shards of glass.
.
Now, not only is that a stupid thing to do, but lazy! A lack of training in common sense comes to mind...
.
This example reminds me of a paper towel sign left next to a clogged toilet at work recently which read:
"Don't use! Out of order
. -Maintenence"
.
Which prompted a response by me to write in "lack of" ahead of
"-Maintenance".
Because if maintenance is capable of seeing the mess n writing a note, why didn't they fix the toilet? I mean really, they are getting paid for maintenance!
.
The note stayed there to be chuckled at for three days before I finally found the plunger in another restroom to fix it.
.
When something is "not their job" folks at work get so unbelievably lazy! It drives me crazy when I'm the only one who's ever bothered enough to act to fix problems.
.
Image by SnaggleTooth 2010
The downstairs folks won't lift a finger to clean their mess on the porch n in the yard either. There are empty beer bottles by the door, n old blankets in a heap on the lawn. I hate looking at this stuff that makes my place look bad. Again, they pulled the doorknob off n left it for me to fix. Almost always, if I don't do the work, it remains undone.
.
This is one of my pet peeves from work n home too, that stresses me out. I find myself calling folks lazy quite often.
.
What stupid, lazy things have you noticed recently?

13 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

A given in our household is for recyclables to sit on the counter near the back door taking up space instead of someone opening the door to throw them in the recycling bin located some five feet from the door.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger TALON said...

I had to laugh at that maintenance sign and your addition, Snaggle. Yes, a lot of people are just plain lazy. I also suspect a lot of people can't see beyond the end of their nose, too.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

The pictures are grand
the lazy will stand
from broken bulbs
to a plugged throne
a doorknob or two
beer cans will do
for they think
you're the handyman

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

I don't know - I find myself picking up litter - that kind of thing. I'm glad you took the high road and fixed the toilet. :)

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

G, that's odd 5 lousy feet of motion is avoided! I'm great at washing the recyle stuff, but horrible at sorting n getting it to the center, due to missing sleep to get there. We don't have town pick-up. Thanks for the story!

Talon, Glad you got a laugh- Yes, but I bet you aren't! Some folks spend a lifetime in avoidance- Afraid to get their hands dirty...

Ellis, Ah the pics- I was lazy not to explain them, don't you think? The bottom one is strange due to the warm, closer perceived color being at the top, n the cooler, distant color at the bottom, like a reverse-landscape's perspective.
Love your poem with all the visuals! the maintenance woman wants to get paid!

Lynn, good of you to at least get some litter up! I'm always filling my cans with other folks junk just so I don't have to look at it! Tons here now in the woods, don't have time! I can't keep up with the downstairs crap. they obviously were raised in a junkyard! thanks

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger ... Paige said...

haha, it's easier to sit at a green light in preparation for it turning red...any minute...surely any minute now

and

HONK

You my friend and I are fixers, we just can't help it.

 
At 3:22 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Paige, Well, it's good being a person of action I guess, until you notice all the folks who aren't! Thanks

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Well done for fixing the loo!

The problem is that because you do more than your share of jobs at work and at home, that allows other people to carry on being lazy!

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLCoolJ, Hmm... Yes, good point- it does seem that way! Nowadays I always wait awhile for the other folks to pick it up first- but I can only stand it a few days... I use to never wait!

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Your downstairs folks piss me off. Sorry for the language, but that's how their behavior makes me feel.

On a brighter note, that's a way coolio fotos.

xoxo

 
At 3:32 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, Those folks are very difficult to endure! I'll be fit to be tied up in a white coat by June...
I picked strange pics- a sepia grass by the pier, n a M-cove color change. Thanks

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

fit to be tied, eh? Hopefully only in a nice bathrobe as you head to a relaxing bath.

xoxo

 
At 2:42 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, I was thinking more of the white one with the really long sleeves. How would you deal with 9 months of constantly interrupted sleep? Then the mess? I'm not dealing well...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home