Monday, December 28, 2009

Whew

Photo by Snaggletooth Xmas week 2009
.
.
.
The major holiday is done, n now just New Years looms ahead this week for the holiday stressed.
.
All the beautiful snow at the beach n around the village has melted, due to a balmy 40F degree day of tropical rains. I swear that was thunder I heard all night, too...
Now just greyish lumps lay in odd spots reminding us of the mountains shoveled in the past week.
.
Tonight the puddles are freezing up into black ice to drive on again, just in time for the next projected artic blast heading in by mid-week. The sea ice will be building up more soon, for more frozen pic opportunities.
.
I'm so tired- I'd just like to hibernate awhile. I lost sleep Saturday staying up to get to the post office n running errands. A nap is no substitute for a day's rest, n as you get older, the body doesn't let you function well in this zonked state.
.
I've no New Years plans, either! Off for the Eve, On (working) for the day again. Think I'll try to work on relaxing n snoozin, so I can feel better.
Got a party lined up? I did that every year until The past eight years or so- now I'm not into bars or gigs, not a big drinker, either! Looks like it'll be Sub-Z weather anyhow, perfect weather to cuddle-up with a hot-water bottle n blankie n watch First Night on the tv.
.
Time for shower n snooze before work again...
Have a lovely last week of 2009!

8 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Sounds like you and I have the same plans for New Year's Eve - staying in. I usually can't even stay awake until midnight. I hope you have a happy new year, Snaggle.

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger TALON said...

I prefer to let the old year go and new one come in a quiet fashion. The days of partying until the sun came up to greet the new year have long since passed me by. (However - I have some awesome memories - lol)

I hope you spend New Year's Eve doing exactly what you want, Snaggle!

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Hey, this picture -- was it taken just a little after the one you posted last time? And closer to the houses, of course. Lovely, as usual. I feast my eyes on your photos.

Funny, we used to do New Years Eve here with friends until about 7 or so years ago too, just fizzzled out. Had a few wild old times. Fireworks, fun and all that jazz.

My old singing teacher, my first teacher, Donna, has sent an e-mail vite to a potluck for New Years day and I think I just might go if kids are welcome. Always up for some eats and fellowship!

Sleep thee well.

xo

 
At 3:38 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, So you're an early bird- I'm an owl, n always up until dawn. Can't believe I used to drive up to New Hampshire for such occassions. Well good luck with your rest party too!

Talon, Why am I always glad to see the old year over with? N they're whipping by- I can't remember alot of those parties, cause I was too wasted! I'm guessing I'll be doing nothing special.
Hope yours is quiet n graceful-

JanF, Yes, both pics were taken from the main pier in the harbor towards what I call the front beach. (I live very near the back beach) Alas, now there's no white beaches. But having current pics of any beach is good, I suppose!
Ah I've never hosted a good bender, due ton apartment smallness. Used to attend all Bruce Marshall's gigs on the Eve tho- drove all over the place to go. I miss those days as a groupie. Maybe I'll be on the phone a bit too-
Have a good New Year

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger ... Paige said...

lovely photo, no party for us except for the inner party of making it another year...stay safe and warm

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Michael K. Althouse said...

I love that shot!

I hope your Christmas time was good to you and your new year is filled with peace and prosperity. I also wanted to acknowledge you as a log-time blogfriend and tell you that my life is fuller because of it.

Happy New Year!

Mike

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Hi SnaggledTooth - we are actually going to a BBQ tomorrow - the first time we have done anything on NYE for a long time.

Have to laugh at your 40F - we have nearly 40C here today! The snow on the beach looks awesome.

Cheers - Robin (and thanks for the link from that other post - I was in a no-blogging phase when I saw it - much appreciate it!)

 
At 2:35 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Paige, Love the terminology of "Inner Party"! Thanks

Mike, I knew "Snow at the beach"{ would fascinate you- Thanks for the well-wishes n I wish a wonderful 2010 for you, too!

Robin, I envy the summer holiday crowd below the equator, as it's way easier to BBQ when it's above the -10F we're doing here now! Well, the snow melted a few days ago, but now the seawater is icing up. I noticed you'd slowed down a bit, as we all have to sometimes. You're welcome, n it was a great quote. Cheers to your two days ahead of us!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home