Saturday, November 14, 2009

Ida No

For those readers worrying about the latest storm, I'm reporting that nothing too exciting happened here on the south-facing Cape Area today.
.
The tide is astronomically high (Spring Tide) this week, n at 6 this am the water was way up at the very top of the boat-ramp beach. I went out on the deck to check before going to sleep today. I could see the water up near the sea-wall top from the window. We've had some spotty rain at periods thru the day, but nothing torrential. I'd already raked the storm drain of leaves yesterday, after hearing rain was on the way, to head that flood-option off at the pass. I'm lucky to be on a hill, but keep an eye out for the folks down the hill near the M-cove.
.
When in doubt, if you want to track a storm, n you know a bit of geograpghy, you can click the "Infared Satellite" Link in my sidebar to get a live radar of the East half of the USA n the Atlantic ocean. Of course if there were a prob here, I wouldn't be online to update without power...
.
Today I got up after only a few hours of shut-eye, n went out for a few errands. Then I came home n fell asleep again a few more hours. I got up really late due to that interruption, with less than an hour of grey, drizzley outdoor light. I didn't take any photos, n promptly got back to more errands n chores. The temps this week have been in the balmy 50F range. The warmth is great, in spite of the grey, dark, murkiness.

On the way back tonight after 7pm, the water was way up on the Boulevarde beach down the hill on M-cove, but not spilling into the road at peak tide. (Maybe 10 feet away.) The winds have been gusty all day, n mostly from the NorthEast, not affecting this place as much as South of Boston beaches. The wind was strong enough to knock over the six-foot Blue-Spruce tree-in-a-barrel on the deck tho, n there's a good eighty pounds of soil in there...
-I righted it after the winds died down, n all is well.
.


Halfway thru the Month already, n there's barely a dozen pics in the folder so far! Here's one, in sepia tone, of pine cone clusters down next to the M-cove Marsh pic from last week. I'm sure they were covered under the high water today.

I hear Ocean City New Jersey n Viginia Beach zones weren't as lucky...

8 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Blogger TALON said...

What a pretty photo!

I'm glad the blue spruce didn't suffer any permanent damage and that locally all's well for you.

 
At 3:07 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, thanks! Today the fog was so thick here, no pics again!
That poor little tree, from Earth Day '86 at McDonalds! it was the size of my pinky finger then-
Every time the wind picks up, it flops over. (loudly)!

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

i am glad that you are ok

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger Cookie said...

I always love sepia tone :)
Stay dry!

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

David, Thanks for checking in. Even Mt Washington in NH doesn't have snow yet- unbelievable!

Cookie, Thanks cookie- this one just looked better as it was grey-brown tones already! thanks.

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I have not been abreast at all of the weather outside Austin except to talk to Mom and Dad yesterday to hear it's been in the 60s there, a nice little boost for morale.

Wow, what a wind to knock over that spruce. Will you put lights on it for Christmas?

That is a nice pic, pine cones are always so lovely in all their pretty forms.

I was up Mt Washington in '87! Supposedly the windiest place on earth, right?

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Blue Bunny said...

i hops teh winde dont bloe yoo away too, i likes you. and bloging wit yoo. and graype popsiculls.

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, I used to put lights on the little trees outside, but now the people downstairs have stuff in the way of the plugging in. The lights always break out there anyway- Mt Washington is the highest, coldest place, too! In '87 I was starting college!

BB, It would indeed be a shame if you had to much pocicles without me Bloggy to read...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home