Friday, October 30, 2009

Mantis

Photo by SnaggleTooth Oct 30 2009

.
.
For a second there, I seemed to have a new door handle- I had a bit of trouble getting inside from the deck, due to a visitor, just in time for setting up a Halloweenie mood...
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Oct 30 2009

.
He seemed a bit enamoured with the image in the window n didn't want to move off the door for a long time. Finally I got a stick, n moved the large specimen to the sunshine down in the yard where he's more likely to find a real friend.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Oct 30 2009
.
He seemed really happy with the new location. I'm pleased he did such a good posing session, n wish I 'd a cam better at clear close-ups. Thought I'd post the Praying Mantis' for the sqeamish in honor of the impending scary day...
.
(Most folks I know aren't afraid of them, plus, they eat the other bugs!)
.
Happy Candy Gluttony Day!

4 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Good job on photographing your willing subject. They are beautiful in their own way...

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, Thanks- I think they're a marvel of design! I could see the telescoping eyes turn to look at me- makes me wonder what he thought.

 
At 3:16 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Looks amazing. How large was he?

 
At 3:06 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, He was almost as wide as my finger, n longer than my hand- about 7 inches!

MB, I think I remember seeing that on tv a long, long, time ago- Of course, it could be female, I really don't know...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home