Sunday, November 23, 2008

USA Thanks Week

Photo by SnaggleTooth Nov 2008








Here we are all the way up to Thanksgiving week. It'll be a slow blogging week for all the long distance travelers for sure. I don't know how anyone can afford the whole week away from work.
.
There are so few folks working the "normal" nine to five, Monday to Friday gig. When last I did, for a software company, even they made us work the Friday after!
.
Many folks are required to work week-ends, n if the request for time off wasn't handed in a few months early, you're out of luck. Thursday is my regular Day Off most weeks, so I'm assuming I'll get it off, n I'm crossing the fingers. They've been known to change schedules the day before, n have totally messed up my plans sometimes. I won't be certain I can go until just the night before.
.
I'll only be driving to metro-West of Beantown, an hour away from home. The challenge will be working the night before, n getting up to travel n eat when I'm not used to even being awake yet. Also, I'll have to find extra time to cook something to bring. I'll be working every night from now until that day.
.
Everything I do adds up to more sleep deprivation. As I get older, I notice that I do so much better at tasks when I get a good eight hours of sleep in. That rarely happens lately. I haven't made any visits while rested in years. For sure, I'll be exhausted before, during, n right after the holiday.
.
In my future I hope to have the option to have a rested, vacation-like holiday season to spend more quality time with my off-spring. Until then, I only get to spend a few tired hours before going back to my grind.
.
Blog-reading n writing may suffer in the rushing about for Turkey Day. I don't get to relax, have time off, or enough time to do what I would in a typical week.
.
So have safe travels, have a good week, remember to count your blessings, n express gratitude.
Thanks for reading ESR, n thank you for posting comments.

6 Comments:

At 7:15 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

They might not let you know right up until the day before Thanksgiving? Nice loving company, eh.

And cooking too? (I'd "pick something up," but that's just lazy me.)

Hopefully somewhere in there you will manage to get the sleep you need. Come back early maybe, take a long nap then.

Safe travels.

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

I bought 4 jars of onions, just in case, let me know if you are unable to cook them. I was planning on bringing them to D&J's and making them there if needed.

Take care!

 
At 3:32 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, ya, n no Xmas bonus either! (cheap)! I'm really not good at napping unfortunately. Thanks.

MB, you really want those, eh? I have 3 bottles. I believe I'll get there, with them cooked just needing a warm-up. Ugh, one more work-shift...

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

lol.. I love the onions.. it' sthe best part of the meal!! hell I've been known to buy them often during the year and then eat them out of the jar, because I can't wait for them to cook.. hahaha. so what if my digestive system doesn't like it..

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

have a good time and a safe trip
the picture looks like a painting, beautiful where you live. I must see it sometime

 
At 3:18 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, onions are really good for ya, too! No one else realizes our tradition of buttermilk onions...

David, Thank you. I hope your Turkey Day goes well with the big crowd.
I do love the reflections around here. Thats the grey harbormaster shack on the pier. I'll be back soon-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home