Saturday, November 01, 2008

Novembre Tempo

Photo by SnaggleTooth Nov 2008
.
The "fall back" an hour to standard time is tonight, n I'm looking forward to it.
I've been so exhausted n sleep deprived, I may never feel rested, but that extra hour to get ready for work will help a bit until I'm used to the time schedule again.
.
My village seems to have reached the peak of fall colors. Almost all the trees are turned, n most aren't bare yet. I went uptown to check out the bluffs n the pier before sundown n took pics. There were some of those nifty, bright, orange, bittersweet berries above the bathhouse on the bluff.
.
My hands noticed the breezy wind-chill temps. I should've brought my leather gloves. It's about that time, it's November... Several fam n friends birthdays will be blowing by. I feel alot older lately. Mostly because I get the "Ol' Rhuematiz settin' in" with the cold. I haven't been feelin too good lately-
.
The Election is just a couple days away. I can't wait 'til it's over so the campaign nastiness will end. I'm so sick of the news n neg-commercials.
.
McCain again just appeared live on SNL. He n Palin seem to be getting tonz of freebie commercials thru "Week-end Update" on that show, as if they are cool dudes. It's also been re-airing ad-nauseum on other nights n on news shows.
.
Folks keep asking me if I'm gonna vote. My standard answer, "I don't know." Because of work I'd have to not get enough sleep to do that. They also moved the polling place, so instead of walking I'll have to drive. It all depends on work difficulty the previous shift, n if I can wake up with enough time to wait in line, n still get to work.
.
The colder it gets, the more I want to slow down n find more sleep time. The tempo of keeping up with things needing to be done hasn't gone down at all yet tho...

9 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

I hate all of the political phone calls! They were worse around primaries, but we just don't answer the phone around here if we don't know the number anymore. If you are calling and don't leave a message, too bad! Too many recordings leave a message now a days too. I hear them start and delete them without a thought.

Leaves are finally starting to actually look good around here, too bad most of them are gone.

Here's to rest when needed.
Thanks for praying for us, means a lot.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I too love the hour we have gained. Until it snaps me in the ass next spring! (So hard to get the kid up for school after the spring time-change.)

But spring is such a loooong way off yet.

This morning I notice we are getting nice fall colors. I had more of a walk than a run on the trail. It was good. I looked at things, said hello to nature, instead of trying to get my miles in. I think I'll do more of that.

Have not watched t.v for 3 weeks - my hubby does enough of that for both of us.

I love the shore photo!! About how far from your house is that?

 
At 4:36 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Xray, my machine picks them up, I hear my greeting, then just the very end of the recorded message- I do feel intrusion from the sales pitches anyway- I hope you find some peace soon.

JanFun, I used to hate the school-rushing. I'm not a morning person- Had an 8am to 5pm job for awhile, when Spring ahead used to about do me in too-
There's water almost all the way around my village. The boat ramp beach is about 200 feet down the street to the right, n the "back beach" is about 400 feet down the hill on the left. That "front beach" is "Uptown" just a few, small, blocks away.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

So close to the water. I do envy you that, but in a few years I'll be back in N.S. and waterside too.

You'll have to come up and visit - and viceversa.

 
At 3:30 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanFun, it's good n bad too, when you consider storms, wind, n surge-damage. But I feel terrible when I have to be away from the sea- N can never feel peace until I return.

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Was just looking at your comment on my older post about my CSS font problems and thinking how we hardly knew each other back then on October 21st. Nice it's been getting to "know" you, getting to know ALL about you... (okay sing it now!)

(My hubby and I share a rather more X-rated version of that song, I'm sure you can guess the changed lyric. Getting to b**** you.)

God, I so should not release myself to the Internet whilst imbimbing the great pinot grigio. Or imbibing anything.

So TMI

Anyway...

I see you have a new leaf post but I will savor it at a slightly later point in my journey through the stars.

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanFun, thanks for all the prancing around on ESR lately! It's fun to meet interesting folks like you thru blogging.
You can find out lots more details in the archives, if you ever run out of new posts to peruse...

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

ESR rules!! It's made quite a prancer out of me indeed. And a dasher and a dancer too. In fact it's a line in one of my songs.

Do I have your e-mail? I'll send you a free MP3 with the god's honest Exit Stage Right lyric in it.

Fuck, I'm hungry. lunchtime!

 
At 4:28 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanFun, thanks- wowo, what an honor. I'll get back to you on that soon-
btw- careful this is a G-rated show. (F*&$#!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home