Friday, April 04, 2008

Spri...ng?

Photo by SnaggleTooth April 2008


April Fool's Day went right by me without one joke given or received. It's not normal for me to feel indifferent about it. I used to love stupid April pranks. It was an excuse to be creative, or to copy previous years schemes to dupe folks for kicks. If someone comes in n reports " It's snowing!" do you go check?
.
I've been far too busy being exhausted n over-worked to even think-up anything. Having fun hasn't been priority for me in quite awhile. Until my backlog is shortened, I'm not likely to direct energy that way, either.
.
Maybe I've forgotten what fun feels like. Guess that's what happens when you start getting old n full of achy parts.
.
The temperature's been getting above 48F here n there for a few hours this week. Here near the water tho, it's been so windy, it doesn't feel like it.
.
The best thing I noticed for the first time this season, n it amused me immensely, was driving home on the second in the early am, (having just worked thru the Fool's day). It was relatively warm, no scarf needed. All the way home I could hear them.
.
My little, loud, froggy friends- the "peepers" in the vernal pools n swamps. All the rain recently is doing it's job for the little amphibians who've awoken from hibernation. That's the sure sign of Nature again beginning it's springly cycle. I could just picture all the little frogs hopping around in the dark trying to find each other...
.
I bet they're having better luck than I am at finding fun!
.
Today was another good one. Everyone was out catching a piece of the mild air. Errands was a crowded activity compared to usual. Now we're going back to the cold n rain for the rest of the week again.
.
Back to the chores n 2-Do stuff, like reading form instructions again-
.
Peep, peep, peep, peep, peep, peep...
Wow, it felt so good to hear that-

4 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

In kindergarten, my teacher had us standing outside and told us it was raining. I was so confused. I thought SHE was the fool.

Here's to no scarfs!

 
At 4:25 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Xray, hmmm... "What's that?" (pointing). "Made ya look!"
Which one is lamer?
That doesn't hold a candle to pancakes with onion flakes in them , pepper gum, or chocolate-covered soap... I had a strange childhood.

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger flleenie said...

I love to hear the "peep, peep, peep" of spring, but in Florida spring sounds like, "pe..(chomp), pe..(chomp), pphhrrruummmppp..."

 
At 5:07 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Fleen, you mean Gators are eating the peepers? Awww-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home