Friday, April 18, 2008

Daft

Photo by SnaggleTooth 04/17/08
.
A pretty Daffodil looks out from the edge of the still barren, forest landscape.
.
"I could see you here, from my window up there, little flower, although I couldn't tell what you were. Until I just walked by, I thought the bright yellow I saw out here could be another piece of plastic garbage to pick up! I'm surprised at your beauty, and your location."
.
"I don't know how I came to grow here. The Sun warms me by day, and the frost keeps me cold all night. One day I opened up my bud, and found myself in this empty place full of bare sticks and dead leaves! I'm so lonely by myself here..."
.
"One of the nearby neighbors probably put your sleeping bulb out here when they cleaned their yard or spent flower pots last fall. They didn't realize or care about your regenerative properties, n that you weren't dead after your blossom was spent."
"Last May I found a purple Tulip nearby. You're not the first misplaced orphan I've found out here."
.
"All year I wait for this one time to welcome in the new warm season, and now I'm not even part of anyone's garden display!"
.
"Don't worry, many people will walk by here with their pets or children and will see you. I'll come by to check on you again. After your blossom is done for the season, I'll dig up your bulb and put you in my front garden across the road over there."
.
"Are their more flowers like me there?
.
"Not yet. Maybe the pollen from light-yellow ones in a garden right down the hill will make it up here, and you'll multiply. Ferns, lilies, and little evergreens are there who could certainly use your color."

"Anything other than brown, dead leaves would be greatly appreciated, thank you!"
.
"I'm sorry you had to suffer being dumped here like this. You deserve a gardener who understands your purpose, and won't abandon you in your off-season. I'm glad I took the time to find you."
.
"Thanks for cleaning up this mess, and taking the time to admire me."
.
"Not a problem, I enjoy nature's gifts. Often I like plants even better than humans, because some people ruin the woods with their garbage, or kill plants without even caring that they are alive, were made by Earth's Creator, and are here for a purpose, too."
.
"Oh look, here comes a lady with a baby stroller."
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth 04/17/08
"






Well, I'll see you later, and probably next year in the real garden. Thanks for calling yourself to my attention."
.
"You're welcome. thanks for understanding, and for the company."

.
A lone, tall, yellow bell of petals proudly survives another spring in her bed of shed forest leaves.

10 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

yay for spring! I didn't know flowers could talk.. I'll start calling you the flower whisperer

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Shelley said...

Things like this just show the healing power of God, and how He puts treasure in the midst of junk for us.

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger flleenie said...

Your ability to capture the essence of a daffodil's existence is captivating.

You are truly an artist!!

 
At 4:08 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Hey Dummy, I don't visit any of these spam comment places, n just leave you there to warn others of your presence.

MB, Yippie! was it SOoo nice today-wow- I hear flowers all the time. I also like perienials.

Xray, I agree. I think he put that flower there just for me.

Fleen, I have a habit of speaking to (non-human) things which speak back to me in stories. Thanks

 
At 3:22 AM, Blogger Buddy T. Doxie said...

Hi long time no stop I do read every day but my claw's have been so long,but now that that have been cut and it's warm out and I can dig in the back yard...
That's a great story and if you need home for the lone flower, My "Pal's" other half has a great place up away from people steeping on it or running it ovet with one of those cutting things that scare the h*** out of me. We have other plants that come and visit every year... So think about it and of course ask the flower too..
well licke's and lap's your friend...Buddy
P.S. say hi to the "CAT" hope she liked the food...

 
At 2:25 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Buddy, Glad the machine is still letting you read. I really don't have enough time off lately to visit anyone. Maybe soon, tho-

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

you are so alert to the things others miss, i wonder at your connectedness.

 
At 2:15 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

David, I've always been very in tune with nature's characters. Observation is one of my best skills.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

That brought tears to my eyes. The pretty flower. And your conversation.

YOU ROCK!!

xo

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, Thanks, glad you were touched- I get emotional every time I read it too (n ticked off at the people who did it)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home