Thursday, June 21, 2007

A Few Barcos

Photo by SnaggleTooth June 2007
...
...
...
More boats are at the old marina now which used to be known as "Jonesy's." When I lived on the South end of town n my girls were small, I spent six years working on out-board motors for the dude who used to run it.
...
I had a bathing suit covered with "Never Sieze" n Axle-grease to prove it, too! Not only did I learn about fly-wheels, coils, n compression-testers, I learned about the different types of junk-metal, n how easy it is to murdilate your wrists using a five-pound sledge hammer to pummel molded aluminum (>$) away from the aluminum-iron (<$).
...
Today was a machine challenge of another sort. We were planning to test-run the machne which has been out of service since I was hired there. I had to go in an hour n a half ahead of the rest of the crew to start everything in the building up for the day. The mechanic dude who's been fixing 'er up was late. I was told to put some of the cutter parts on the assembly, n first had to wash the cobwebs off the rig housing- yummy! (Note: this machine makes food). I was missing a few vital wing-nuts, washers, six clamps, n a crank-handle. I hunted down all the parts but the crank, which wasn't vital to test the machine's operation. (I have to remember a hose is still needed too, before the liquid dispenser part is used on some items).
...
The Mech-dude finally arrived n got the upper parts all in moving order. But after turning it on n off a few times, non-fitting (n loud-crunching) with the brand-new conveyor problems were discovered further down the line on the bottom end of the business. So our test had to be aborted for the time being, now I wonder how long this'll take... I need a change of work-load like yesterday!
...
So for the rest of my day I had to do stuff Iwouldn't have had to if the rig had been up to producing. Now I can't wait until the dude figures out the linkage failure. (Hey, he gets the big bux, n I'm only going to operate it). So although I could probably figure it out, it's his job!
...
Back to the old machine n all the new, clueless folks who can't count or prepare correctly.
To top it off, I've been feeling not too well n dizzy, probably due to allergies n too much lawn-cutting. Doh! Well, better luck with the next run...

9 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

Sounds technical, but you know your stuff! Good luck getting everything up and running!

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger Janus Torrell said...

aw sheesh, I can understand where you are coming from.

Hope you get better soon

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Xray, Thanks, we got it up n running today, but not making everything it was going to. Oh well-

Janus, It's less work during production, but more work adding another assembly to clean after. Don't think I've given my arms enough of a break yet.
Thanks, usually takes a week to clear this up.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - I'd have never in a million years thought that you were a grease monkey! LOL

Hope you're feeling better.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At 3:07 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, I'm very good at alot things. I enjoy complicated stuff, n solving problems.
I'm doing a job that a woman has never done before...

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

louis owned the marina?! hmm.. I remember he paid me $5/week for sorting out his nuts and bolts one summer. ahh I miss those days... something I just realized.. so the house we lived inat the time wa owned by T.S. dir of the Cosby show, and I met Mr. Cosby a few years by at a local restaurant. hmm.. who knew I'd have that sort of connections.. it does helps my odds of a cosby setting knowing that he's got a house inthe next town over, and a Cosby sighting in thse parts is very very common.

 
At 2:28 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, yep, Lou did. Well, remember to mention T when ya bump into Bill again. He does have a honorary Umass degree... Do you remember playing with OG?

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

OG? can't figure out that abbreviation.. do you men the girls when they would go down to visit the house after we moved out? I remmebr that. i remmebr that one of the girls had a 10 speed bike that we and amanda were jealous of and rode once in a while.. and man i didn't realize that last comment of mine was full of typos. lol. i hadn't had my coffee yet.. i guess it showed.

 
At 3:33 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, Motherhood without caffiene is over-sleeping!
I remember T's son's first name was OG (like OJ). I remember the Bike envy, too! But not the girl's names-
Well, you do have a chance of settin a spell with Bill to ask about how T's kids are! I'm curious what happened to them-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home