Sunday, May 20, 2007

Got One-

Photo by SnaggleTooth May 2007

My Timing at the Center fishing wharf was good last week as I happened upon a teen-ager's first catch of the year getting reeled in. All the fellow-fisher-kids were excited. It was bagged using a long, colorful, cylindrical lure. Actually, the baby striper was too small to keep, measuring under the required 22 inches by the state.
...

Photo by SnaggleTooth May 2007

But before getting tossed back into the Narrows depths where undoubtedly more of the striper school is hanging out, the proud guy's Dad snaps a shot for prosterity...
Mr. Cool there has a new troop of admirers as the lure wins out over the live bait.

We just had a four-day spell of sogginess. Hope I can get in some sunshine again these days off. It's been a long, sore work-week of greyness n wet shoes again. Thankfully the predicted storm was tamer than expected. My chore list is out the door n across town long, too! Tons to do. Yard's still too soggy to play with. The R's right next door are down already to spuce up, n had a loud day (waking me up every few minutes).
Sleep is at a premium, so I'm grabbing mine in a few minutes while they let me. I'm fishin for Zzzz's, (not Stripers)!
...
There's times I feel like that fish... Out of water, lured in, fooled, taken against my will, n can't wait to get back home. Scarred for life, n afraid of becoming some one's dinner ... That's part of the reason I quit fishing awhile back-

8 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Blogger Skye said...

Shhh, I'll be quite so I won't disturb you. :)

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Janus Torrell said...

I want to fish now, thanks alot :)

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Skye, Luckily you were whispering... thanks for being considerate! (The neighbors were on the roof right outside my window banging away with flashing).

Janus, sure you just don't want the troop of new admirers?

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - I agree with Janus, it's been too long. I always throw them back. Man I miss fishing!

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At 4:02 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, I spent my vacations in Vermont, Maine, n Early Cape Life years killing much live bait n fish for folks to eat.
I enjoy the atmosphere of the activity, but I just don't want to hurt them anymore, believe fish populations are dwindling too fast with a screwed up food chain all over the planet.
It is good for the nerves ...

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

I myself would rather bring a camera or a book and sit by the shore. I enjoy nature and the water, but have no need to be distracted by lures and wire etc when I would rather just soak in nature. Plus, fishing is can get expensive as a hobby if you don't really enjoy it. It is exciting to watch kids fish though, that I do enjoy.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger ZoeyBella said...

Mmmmmmm fish. I haven't gone fishing in years. But now I have the urge again. (Wonder how that happened! :P )

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Xray, There is science to hunting n catching the fish, a right n wrong way to do the job depending on the species n the water. It teaches persistance n patience, n can be very relaxing.
Guess you like outdoors, not fishing... that's ok!

Zoey, Sorry I made ya want to do it... I do feel sorry for the fish!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home