Monday, April 23, 2007

Day3 NEstorm Effects

Here's a few scenes from my immediate neighborhood due to last week's storm.

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2007


Boat ride anyone? I mean, cold bath anyone?

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2007


The seaweed indicates where the high-water mark came up to (into the Boulevard). Homes on this road, right down the hill from me, get flooded often. That's the swamped boat in the water on the right in the BG.

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2007


The R's rear, lower deck is a bit storm-cluttered up, as seen today from my bathroom window. It may take a week to get the branches out of my yard (not shown).


Photo by SnaggleTooth 2007


One block over from me the road was closed because of a little hang-up. Note the hovering tree-section hanging on the power cables, as mentioned in the previous "Nor'Easter" comments section to BBM. Well, I got to practice my three-point-turning on a narrow road!

...

As you can see I got some progress made today.

It took a couple hours to pick up trash in less than 50 feet of the woods! The worst I've ever seen... It was very disgusting, germy, n smelly stuff I found. Glad I got some of the crap out of there before bug-time. Also there was alot of glass bottles, some broken, can-tops, n other potentially harmful, sharp objects to animals n children. (Thick gloves n pick-up stick needed!)

...

Every place I went around town today, I found myself picking-up n emptying out large plastic Ice-coffee cups. The Center area was still littered, the forest roads to LH beach were littered, looks like no one cleaned anything for Earthday! I'll have to complain about this apathetic attitude of homeys in the local paper.

...

I hope your neighbors are cleaner than mine!

14 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

ya know.. i was on 495 yesterday and i noticed the tons of trash along the highway. it was really bad. usually our convicts are good about picking up the trash.. saw some community service cleaning 91 this morning for the first time this year!

 
At 3:29 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, Ya, I'm betting that inmates-picking-up-stuff-program went out with the higher price of gas in the past year. The town municiple Dept has been working on the uptown road to the center, but the normal organized pick-up walks never happenned that I can tell! The crap is thick out there...
of course the tourists beach got cleaned tho...

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger X said...

We got the nasty snow and wind from that Nor Easter. Thankfully it's nice now....I hope your cleanup is a quick and painless one!

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

What a mess that storm left you with. We were lucky to be below the line of wind and damage, even though we needed some of the rain. We're not out of the woods yet as we are in for some severe thunderstorms tomorrow. And then we have those nasty fires out of control in southeast Georgia.... we really could use some rain at this point. Looks like another year that we'll be in a drought.

How sad that people leave their garbage strewn around... as if the earth is their personal dumpster. I always get irritated when I see how careless folks can be... but then I'm sure they are totally oblivious to their litter anyway.

We also have those crews of lesser offenders that get out and clean up the highways. Mostly they consist of folks who have to do community service to make up for minor scrapes with the law. I have to admit, they do a great job, and for the most part out highways are kept clean. Almost too bad they can't make them go around to the neighborhoods that can't afford lawn manicurists.

Good luck with your pick up... it looks like a big job.

 
At 3:33 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

K, that storm was very wide-spread for a long time- This week has been much better here also. Tonight we're doing thick fog, but the clouds cleared up from today's rain. Thanks, it'll take awhile tho- Enjoy that warmth n Sunshine!

Ellen, I heard about tornado troubles in TX, so beware if it's part of that mess! I hadn't heard about those fires yet. Hope you don't have to dodge the "lawn watering police" again-
The garbage has become hideous around here, I can't get the whole hill done like I did in 2 days last year. There's even couch cushions strewn aound in there now- n these woods are here for endangered plants- I seem to be the only one who cares about them-
I need luck, energy, and alot of time, thanks!

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Yeah right, my neighbors are pigs too!

That looked like some pretty bad damage. Maybe nature will cut you guys a break for a little while.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At 1:49 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, thanks, I hope the weather shapes up soon, but on the day off (before the summer neighbors show up)! Today was good, but working- Rain again Tamalli...

Note: Shame on all those litterbugs!

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Damn straight. We got the rain and thunder going on here today. A definite unbrella day.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

Stupid litterbugs! How would they like it if we littered their yard or their house with all the garbage they throw around.... but then they probably live in squallor in the first place and wouldn't know the difference. It always amazes me how you see more trash outside a garbage can than inside.... as if the can is their personal baskitball hoop, and if it misses, so what. Shame on them indeed!

Funny how the tourist beach is all nicely cleaned up.

Have a good weekend, sweetie!

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, For me it's a wet shoes day, can't get around puddles on the walkway into work, I hate that! I don't bother with umbrellas unless it's raining at baseball, if I ever get to go!

Ellen, here, here! Slobs, go dump in your own house, n let the poor plants alone!
Even the fire department left alot of crap like water bottles all over my yard where they were lying on cots. House garbage from the wreck was blown everywhere, upstairs still un-boarded with lots of wind.
Then we have the dumpees walking n driving by daily tossing lunch trash n booze bottles. I really have trouble looking at it-
Day off Sunday after 10 hour Saturday, have a better week-end than me!

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger flleenie said...

r u ok? no post since Monday... Just wondering...

 
At 2:45 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Fleen, I'm ok, just too tired to do much but read n comment on work-nights. Lately I'm cluster-posting when I have more time on days off. Deps on what's happenin too-
Waitin around this week is killin me!

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

God bless you snags1

 
At 1:38 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

David, Thankyou- I still include you in my prayers, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home