Sunday, April 15, 2007

Nor'Easter

The week-end after Easter is blowin in a big Nor'Easter storm in New England.
...
Finally got some time to work on the 2-do list n I can't get any outdoor clean-up underway. I'd much rather putter out-doors than inside. Guess I'm having a slight case of Spring-Cabin-Fever just knowing the weather will take a few days to clear-up.
...
I'm still hoping I'll get in the yardwork before the insect population begins inflating, n plant growth makes raking more difficult. I also like to clean-up the woods trash before bees start making hives in it- and I can easily get it out from the brambles.
...
The house interior was so dark today due to the heavy overcast I didn't do much. I'm reluctant to turn on lights during daylight hours...
...
Out for errands about 6p I noticed the storm surge at high tide all the way down N. Blvd to Camp already up into the salt-marshes there. Small white-caps were tossing in the wind n pouring rain out in the little M-cove, (where three small boats are already optimistically moored n now getting swamped). When I got home at 8p it was still up to only about five feet away from the road section which often floods. (The surge makes it look like the tide didn't go down at all in two hours)!
...
The New Moon coming Tuesday is giving us an astronomically high "Spring" tide, so tomorrow the water may reach the top corner of the previously pictured wall by the boat ramp again!
...
Winds predicted up to 60mph. n I can hear it- All the stuff out on my deck is clanking about in brunt of that gusty wind as I write. Hope my little trees make it through all the rolling around- I'm saving this every few minutes here in anticipation of power outage... Wonder where I last stowed that little battery-powered TV, may need it.
...
Flights all up the Eastern US have been cancelled. In Boston the Patriots Day Parade has been cancelled. Also, the colonial re-enactment of the shot heard around the world in Lexington, MA (the beginning of the American Revolution), is cancelled due to the storm.
...
The Nor'Easter won't stop the other main event for Monday, the Boston Marathon and it's fund-raising for Cancer research for Dana-Farber Institute. My Dad was a regular there n pal A.T. also owes alot to the place and it's people. One of the Astronauts, Sunita Williams, aboard the space station, who qualified, will strap herself into a treadmill out there n run a simulated 26 miles.
...
Storm Tides keep on blowin, Marathon Mondays, keep on running!

14 Comments:

At 1:09 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - We're getting pounded here with rain in Philly, the winds are picking up big time too! I had a power outage here in my spot this morning. I didn't realize it until the music stopped playing on my alarm clock. Fun Fun Fun!

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At 1:51 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, you're lucky you woke up! I use a cheap battery-buzzer model just to avoid power-alarm-loss. Hope you still made it to work!

Good luck in recovering in Philly, looks like we'll need some the next 3 days on the Cape, too!

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger ZoeyBella said...

Can you believe the weather? What are the chances something like this happens this time of year!? Oh well, as long as it doesn't end up like "The Day After Tomorrow" I'd say things will be okay. :)

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Mad Mom said...

well we managed to miss out on any flooding and regardless of all the trash we like to collect in the yard, the worst we had was the grill went over and some trash cans over flowed with water.... and of course, no baby..... maybe today.... we can only hope!!!!

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Skye said...

Oh that wind is something else, I'e been sick from a round of bronchitis brought on by the wind and the bitter cold that slices thru ya.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

I didn't know that they were cancelling the marathon. Too bad, my brother looks forward to that every year. He has friends that live in Hopkinton at the start line, and they hold a really cool BBQ to celebrate. (No, he doesn't run anything but the grill... hahaha.)

I've been watching the weather channel to see what our part in this weather mess is, but they seem to have their eyes on everything above us.... New York to the Cape, and further to Maine. Whatever happened to the Spring????

Hoping you do not suffer the storm surge, as I hear that is something they are worried about. And hoping you don't lose your power. Sending special prayers that it all passes over and the sunshine returns to the Cape soon.

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

ZoeyB, The weather always seems like a main event here on the Cape- All bets are off for "normal" weather no matter where you live! I saw that movie, n agree with you- but less here could also put many folks in trouble, like BBM who lives down the hill from me.

BBM, Thanks for the update! I was down at the beach there n can see the water was in the road at the Wigwam - Glad everything is OK n you didn't have a storm BB- but beware the Narrows Bridge tonight n tomorrow, water was right up there at 5 tonight, 3 more hours til HT! Also, Highlnd Av right up the hill from you is closed off due a half of tree swinging on the elec lines it pulled off a few houses. Hang in there, (but not on the power lines)!

SkyBL2U, The wind has been pretty bad the past two days here, I'm still cold wearing long-johns, long coat, n gloves out there today- Unless you're on the Leeward side of buildings, that is!
I hope you recover quickly n the weather is kinder to you! Get well!

Ellen, the marathon was still on today- I'd hate to see what conditions gets it cancelled! Maybe spring will find us by June, we can only hope!
We're still in surge-danger, especially BBM who is expecting BB2 any day- I thankyou so much for your prayers.

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

the weather out here was crazy too. worse down in teh springfield area.. i drove out to Boxford yesterday thanksfully the weather wasn't that bad up on the north shore.. although i lost about 45 minutes to my day driving around all the detours b/c of trees inthe road.. the solice for htis is this weekend.. 60 degress and sunny.. just beatuifull. i can't wait i want to have a BBQ!!

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger X said...

Alls I have to say is stupid snow and wind! Grrrr. I'd like spring now please :P

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger flleenie said...

Sorry for all of your sorrows & troubles...Been there, done that!!

All I can say is "I want to soak up the sun, tell everyone to lighten up!"

Luv ya!

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger flleenie said...

By the by...I'm back!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 3:16 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, The perks of a driving job, getting in the scenic route due to detours... right now I'm so soggy from tromping through rain n puddles all week, BBQ seems like a distant dream! We'll see if the weather dudes are right!

K, Good to hear from you! You have it pretty cool n damp up there too- I hope it clears up for your nifty shoe collection pretty soon! I can't wait to loose my heavy clunkers, myself! (Chant: Summer's coming, summer's coming...)

Fleen, I was wondering when you'd find the blogosphere again! Welcome back! Of course it's nice in FL!!!! Can tell you don't miss this weather... Hope you had a joyous B-day!

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

Well, the weather dudes seem to think that your weather is finally going to clear up, and you should be over the worst of the extra winter you got this year. I only hope that your Spring comes full of color, and the temps are warm and calming. But then you know, Memorial Day is right around the corner......

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellen, sad but true... I left work the other night without my coat buttoned, n thought it was so nice out, before driving past the town temp/time LED on the bank saying it was 41F! Today was pretty good n Sunny, n they say it'll be warmer the rest of the week-end-yay!
I want a few good days off before the people all show up- Thanks for the well wishes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home