Sunday, June 18, 2006

Moldy Oldies

My Favorite pic of my Dad, "young Red," he sent to my Mom before they got married. Here he looks so much like my brother, Donald. My mom gave the proof to me when I was a teen-ager. It's a bit worn, n has his handwriting on the back.



Here's a blast at the lake... in the Maine woods at the Camp. My Dad, my German Aunt, (She died right there in the lake last August) , me, n the kids, (you can tell how much I look like my Dad), Barbie, n the old boat.

These are two old photos, that Blogger the Bugger didn't allow to upload for an hour, with the Dad's Day post. So after many tries, it let me put it in a separate post on the third go, but still not in the text where I'd intended to place them... Better than not at all I guess...
So as ya read the post below, mentally insert the images where it mentions them in the text.
Can ya handle it?

7 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

Great pictures! Is that MB whose head is turned so we can't see her pretty face?

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellen, I like these pics so much, I didn't want to do the Dad-Day post without them! Yes, that is MB's braided head turned away, sulking! (My hair was in a long braid, too, out of sight.)

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

and i was gonna comment on how funny it is that i've got my head turned away. but the immediate monment i saw gampys face i smiled :)... and saved the pictures to my own puter.. i just love looking at all these old ones of myself and the fam..

 
At 4:54 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, I think he was telling Wally how to use the Cam -
I keep bumping into the old stuff!I found the old fam Videos I made, haven't watched em yet. That'll be silly tear-jerkers for sure!

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Great pics, thanks for sharing them.

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Wow, some old photo's! They look like the old polaroid (sp) photo's.

I know blogger can be a bitch sometimes with posting photo's, oh trust me I know! ;)

Good times right?

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At 1:51 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MyU, Thanks for the comment, Glad you enjoyed my treasures. I like the diff time comparisons.

Neo, I scanned these photos in. Good guess! The lake pic IS a polariod, the cam was an automatic that loaded a pack of 10 exposures, rolled them out (chemical break n peeled), then ya had to wait 2 minutes for the image to appear.
He was big on new gadgets!

Blogger must be a bummer when ya try to upload so many story pix- eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home