Friday, April 20, 2018

On the Spot

Image by SnaggleTooth April 2018

I don't have a smart phone, or have a desire to be looking at a phone all day. Folks around me seem to be doing that, though. Every free moment at work, n everywhere they go.

Cell phones aren't supposed to be in the production area, tho most folks disregard that rule, n sneak it all thru the day.

Image by SnaggleTooth April 2018

There have been some incidences of ending up talking with other folks video callers who are strangers, involuntarily, because the phone holder decides to point the phone at me. I don't like the unexpected intrusion. I seem to work with many folks from other cultures who don't understand what rude is...

Image by SnaggleTooth April 2018

(Same as above pic with new colors.)


Image by SnaggleTooth April 2018

People on the phone at the store always seem to be annoying, especially when you at first think they are talking to you, until you see the phone, or the BlueTooth ear / mic thing.

Image by SnaggleTooth April 2018

I have a beef with someone at work recently, because they think nothing of having a video chat with someone everywhere they go. This woman walked through the ladies room on "FaceTime" with a caller, while 6 others were all getting ready for work. I feel our expectation of privacy there was violated.

Image by SnaggleTooth April 2018

Another person told me that the other caller  probably only saw her, but how do you know? Has this type of thing ever happened where you were?

If you were me, would you raise a stink about it?

Image by SnaggleTooth April 2018

This type of thing must be happening alot more these days, the way phones are everywhere people are. Plus how folks decide to share everything on Instagram  n Facebook. Your image can be put up online by anyone now.



Image by SnaggleTooth April 2018

That person in the restroom made me feel very uncomfortable, but it didn't seem to bother other younger folks there, who shrugged it off.

Image by SnaggleTooth April 2018

Maybe I come off as being an old prude, but I don't want strangers seeing me at the sink n mirror, plus want a choice of not being put on the spot by surprise at anytime.


Image by SnaggleTooth April 2018

Most internet users don't bother asking permission before posting what they want. I definitely feel like the "1984" mentality, where you can't hide anything from the government, is going on these days. Especially as nothing online is truly deleted n with the use of facial recognition software in social media, which can be used by government or anyone.

Image by SnaggleTooth April 2018

I'm still not comfortable with sharing everything, often, as others seem to be. Luckily I still use a separate camera n need to process pics in steps to post them, so I have "think before use" time before deciding what to share.

Image by SnaggleTooth April 2018

Altered pics today are all from the 4 posted on the "Marking Time" post.
This is the same as the top image without color changed.


8 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Love all the altered photos. Don't love video calls in restrooms. You are right to be offended. Who knows what they are viewing?

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

I'm with Granny Annie and you tell the big boss what their doing.
Who knows if their not giving the other person a quick flash around.

 
At 3:54 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, Thanks, I narrowed these pics down from about 30+ to choose from. I've been checking with other folks who have the app, n guess it depends on the individual phones n distance from the callers face. On my daughters phone you can see folks in the background well.

Ellis, I hate meetings with that guy, because he has never done anything after I speak to him. Enforcing phone rules is difficult already. Everyone isin't thinking thru what is happening! I wish I could make them not operate in there. Thanks

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger colleen said...

I love the pretty pictures! Phones, not to mention the radiation risks they pose. I think they are robotizing us.

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Colleen, Thanks. I like the graphic forms from this bunch. I always wonder about the EMF/EVP effects. But the social effects are getting weird, Too much access is happening! I don't have a smartphone to do this. Only computers n small tablet. Robotizing n hypnotizing somewhat too. just like playing video games, it becomes an obsession!

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

I would not be OK with someone video chatting in the bathroom when others are present. That's just wrong.

When I went back to college, as an adult, in 2003-2004, it used to drive me crazy to get behind students walking slowly in the hallways because they were looking at their phones. One young lady announced in class one day that someone (not a student) had snatched her phone out of her hand on the sidewalk outside the classroom building and ran away with it. I smirked inwardly, thinking she should be aware of her surroundings.

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Erica B said...

video calling in the bathroom is NOT OKAY. like I'd post a sign. I find it extremely odd when folks talk in the bathroom, especially in a public one. no thanks..

I will admit that I have talked on the phone to my sister at my house, NEVER in public. it's super inconsiderate

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, I almost yelled at the girl, but instead just left. Some folks do appear brain-dead when reading the smartphones! Thanks

Erica, Folks in the stalls are always calling kids at home! We aren't allowed while working, but everyone sneaks it! I go outside. inconsiderate, I agree! Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home