Thursday, April 12, 2018

Somewhere Over the Rainbow


Image color by SnaggleTooth 2018

Not only have I never seen a rainbow ending in clouds, because they extend visible to the ground...( in reality they are round)

But never in nature can you get a photo of a rainbow in front of the Sun, due to the fact they only appear opposite the low angle Sun, with you in between,  in the sky!

There's alot to learn at Wikipedia about them. I was there, although I already knew that fact.

The person creating the fantasy outlines to color didn't care to research the science, I guess! I'm surprised no one guessed last week. Most people have experienced rainbows.

This stylized rainbow looks alot like the Rainbow Brite style ones I have used in the past with unicorns for painted presents. My kids had those toys many moons ago in the early '80's. We had stickers with that style to play with also, some on my ancient guitar case somewhere in storage.
Nowadays rainbows are associated with certain social groups, but I think they should be anyone's to use.
I dream of a world where that doesn't matter.

6 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Blogger Tabor said...

This does remind me of a sticker that I had...or actually, my kids had many years ago. All rainbowy.

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, we did sticker books for years! Still have pieces stuck to my bedroom mirror...

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I remember once a Christian getting really upset that the gay community now use the rainbow when it was a symbol connected with Noah's ark and the end of the flood. My feeling is why can't both Christians and the gay community not use it, and anyone else that wants to.

 
At 3:26 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...


llcoolJ, exactly! That also happened to my fave color, Purple! No one can own these... Thanks

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I still send stickers to the great niece and nephews when I send cards. They love them.

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, I still like them too. That's a great idea!








 

Post a Comment

<< Home