Thursday, November 16, 2017

Older is Better

Image by SnaggleTooth 2017

Image by SnaggleTooth 2017

It's been a tough week for me so far, feeling pushed to the brink of walking out by folks at work, n fighting the urge to lose my cool.

Image by SnaggleTooth 2017

Another paternal uncle passed away the other day. I hate that it looks like I probably can't make the funeral service 400 miles away.

Image by SnaggleTooth 2017

Image by SnaggleTooth 2017

There's only one remaining brother of my Dad, who passed away 26 years ago. I want to say that the living brother won, "The Last One Standing Award,"  but it must feel terrible to get that prize, n be witness to burying the rest. 

Image by SnaggleTooth 2017

Most of my cousins are on a group family page on fb n that's how everyone found out. That's good n bad at the same time.

Image by SnaggleTooth 2017

He had been ill, n in Hospice care since the summer. But no matter how long you are expecting it, or think you are accepting it already, you never seem to be prepared for the flood of over-whelming emotions that wash over you in waves when it happens with those you have known your entire life.

Image by SnaggleTooth 2017


Image by SnaggleTooth 2017

Even when you try to carry on with a normal day, it is tough to ignore  what your brain n heart are doing.   

I tend to bottle it up n do ok with distractions, but then one little thing will do me in emotionally, even when not connected to what is upsetting me. 

Image by SnaggleTooth 2017

Image by SnaggleTooth 2017

This pic was on the old PC n is a scan done back in November 2005 of found leaves. Thought I'd try my new button pushing on it to see what happens...

This year's leaves pale in comparison.

Image by SnaggleTooth 2017

Scan by SnaggleTooth 2005

This crop from the original is what I used. On some without color change I increased saturation plus contrast only. I do miss the leaves from the old woods.

7 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

You said so many things that I can relate to as well. I am sorry for what you are going through.

 
At 5:28 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, yep getting pushed at a bad time is not good. A wonder I still haven't quit. They deserve it- I know you are suffering from loss also. My sympathies for you n your family too!
Thanks.

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

It's terrible when you are in a confined space with difficult people. I'm sorry you have to deal with that.

 
At 4:08 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, thanks for understanding what I mean! I work with folks who never see past their own nose to figure out what they are doing to others... Thanks

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Yes horrible to learn about a family's death through a facebook page. :( The older we get the more death we have to face, it's horrid

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, I have more grief built up the more that die, just makes it tougher as you go! Yep, but no FB would mean I may not find out!

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Jelly Donut Snaggle, Jelly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home