Thursday, September 14, 2017

Purple n Gold Meandering

Image by SnaggleTooth Sept 2017

After vaca it was so tough returning to work, n dealing with all the stress associated with it. My schedule was switched to a bit earlier to accomodate added on Fall products. Now I have no time before work to get to the store for supplies, so what I can't get on Days Off will run out. Also, I was immediately tired out the first day back working extra late, plus the night just before Days Off this week, due to machine repair delays. If I wasn't so worn out it would have been a good beach day, but I needed sleep more.

Image by SnaggleTooth Sept 2017


Image by SnaggleTooth Sept 2017
 Keeping up with news on the hurricane Irma impact on family folks in Florida took up most of my free time on FB n phone the past few days. Everyone is ok, but there is still an uncle's Fort Myers home that hasn't been checked for damage, as they evacuated to another state. One of my sister's near Clearwater got the power back on yesterday at least. The other got back home, but is awaiting water service at her house closer to St Petersburg.



Image by SnaggleTooth Sept 2017

For a day before it got there, it looked in reports like the storm would hit there full force, but it hit further south n weakened quickly. After listening to some panicky moments for them feeling helpless, prayers were answered n they were all very lucky.
Image by SnaggleTooth Sept 2017

That's like the relief I felt after making it thru cat. 5 Hurricane Bob in '91 at the other house. So I could relate well to how they were thinking.

Image by SnaggleTooth Sept 2017

I'm glad I could get updates on FB after work to find out they were ok.

Image by SnaggleTooth Sept 2017


We can only hope major storms will spare us for a while as recovery efforts repair some recent damage from both of those storms, Harvey n Irma. -

Image by SnaggleTooth Sept 2017

That whole storm issue was truelly a mind-bender in the complacency most FL residents had again after Hurricane Andrew. Now I think, all are well aware that we can't ignore the danger weather forces upon us.

Image by SnaggleTooth Sept 2017

On the way to work this week I spied these purplish berries against the Golden Rod flowers n stopped to capture the combo. I also like how the other textures add to the altered versions.

Image by SnaggleTooth Sept 2017

There were alot of bees in there too, but they hide so well from my cam, They are invisible.

Image by SnaggleTooth Sept 2017


Here's to a storm-free week ahead, with any luck... OK Jose`?


Image by SnaggleTooth Sept 2017


Image by SnaggleTooth Sept 2017

8 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

We are in tornado and earthquake territory. I believe I do choose them over hurricanes. It is terribly sad to see the major destruction caused by Irma and Harvey. Hopefully Jose won't be as bad. Love your purple and gold.

 
At 4:57 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, weird but I'm scared of the tornado season in your area more than a hurricane! Fl is way more flat land than here, n they aren't well equipt for heavy rains. Here we are. Jose will likely visit here on my next Day Off.

Note: once again the darn cut /paste thing did part of my post twice, n I have to fix it ! Never seen on the library machine, just at home!

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

So glad your family is OK. Hope all their property was undamaged.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I think one of the good things about Facebook is being able to check and see if family and friends are okay. I'm glad your family were safe.

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, I hope your niece plus your GA zone did OK also! Thanks.
Power n water seem to have been the main problems they had.

LLcoolJ, yep I am glad I have that option now! I may not share a lot, but I can see how they are doing! Much easier to get in touch with those comments there also. Guess you were far away from storm zones in AZ last week? Thanks.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Erica B said...

i was also glad to hear that the family was safe, and houses mostly unscathed. Now i have a grad student we work with who is from PR, and still has family there. I haven't heard if she knows if they are okay. so stressful.

I do want to make a correction. Hurricaen Bob didn't hit us at Cat 5, it only made it to category three and hit us as a cat 2 (see link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Bob) - that said. it was still scary and stressful. If a 2 or was that bad, I can not fathom a 4 or 5!! so thankful that we don't get them that bad in our parts!

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Neo said...

That one picture looks like magnification from a microscope!

 
At 3:15 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Erica, more PR Cell phones are working or charged this week. Folks at work still seem worried.
The last TV news on Bob before power out - had 5 in the report, scaring the bajeebas out of us all. It could have been way worse than boats blocking the roads n seaweed stuck to the side of our house. Thanks

Neo, 7 look like microscopic to me. Maybe the one with an atom -like shape ¿

 

Post a Comment

<< Home