Thursday, August 17, 2017

Is Everyone but me on Vacation?

Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2017

Now I can see why it is so easy for folks to only keep up with their FaceBook stuff n let their once beloved blog world slide away into oblivion. I'm so glad I don't have a smartphone now, because I'm in danger of becoming one of the "head-down-at device-in-all-my-free-time" folks.

Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2017

Currently I have a love / hate thing going on with FB. Granted I have limited access n time with my small tablet, but I hate that every time I turn it on, an hour n a half goes blip! Gone! Until the battery runs down again. I also hate how FB randomly decides to reload n I have to scroll down to what I wanted to read again. Then there's the clicking I never mean to do, n stepping back out of where it took me, trying not to reload n wasting more time.


Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2017

I can also see how some could feel pressured into doing things just to have a post that can compete with their friends great times. It seems like everyone I know is on vaca having a great time, n I'm having a terrible time I don't wish to share.


Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2017Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2017

I like feeling like I'm part of all the old pals n family lives, but I hate not really being there in person. Still, I feel like I'm missing out.

 Most of my week I am avoiding seeing it.


Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2017

When I do go on FB, I end up not getting enough sleep or don't watch films or read other things. I haven't even tried any games. My fave thing to do on the tablet, is watch funny cat videos on Tiger Funnies on u-tube.

Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2017

I'm on FB mostly to see the new baby pics. I like doggie pics too. I'm getting good at avoiding most other stuff. The blog is definitely getting less attention these days too. That's normal for Summertime anyhow...

Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2017

I only joined FB 2 months ago.
Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2017

It is getting even more difficult to find time lately...

Photo by SnaggleTooth Aug 2017

Last week's garden catch, a bag of green beans are in back of the large Zucchini, n Midnight Madness Petunias in the background.

9 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

And now there's two
what can I say
I hear your call
as they went away

long gone are
the ones we know
those blog followers
of me and you

What can I say
there is just two.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Tabor said...

FB is known for posts that paint an unrealistic picture of our lives. I post on my many trips but not the dirty house or the argument with a friend or the scary illness a while back. It is easier to just pretend we are perfect. We all do it and you can remember that.

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

desk49 said it all. Many blog friends have deserted us to be on FB. I am on both but blogging is my favorite.

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

I'm on FB, but I stick to a strict budget time of no more than 30 minutes total per day (slightly longer on the weekends). I do still blog, just not on the Blogger platform, and I'm trying to turn my public FB page into a mini-blog of sorts. If you're interested in following my public FB page, you can check it out here:

Books by G.B. Miller

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I'm not on Facebook, never have been and I have no desire to change that. I'm not on instagram or twitter. I don't have the time anymore. It's tough keeping up with blogging and reading other blogs. I do my best and still enjoy it, but real life has to come first.

 
At 5:19 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, yep, the two writers who read n find inspiration from reading are still bouncing down the parquet !

Tabor, what?! Your life isin't a fairytale? I tend to not share on fb much due to paranoia. Here you read more of what's going on.

Gran Annie, so many have folded up it makes me sad... But TG you haven't! You are a fun blogger to visit!

G.B., thanks for the adds referral. I only have so many sleep hours n always fb ing them! At the library is way speedier!

LLcoolJ, yep, life has a way of keeping us busy ! I seem to have no other way to keep track of my sibs n cousins, n old friends unfortunately. But mostly I wanted to see what my 2 newborn great nieces look like. They all live so far away. FL, CA, ect. My phone doesn't work well here, n I'm probably the last real letter writer of them all!
I am grateful you at Still blogging too! Thanks

 
At 5:24 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

ARE -woops darn one letter at a time n auto word accidental fill in!

 
At 5:22 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Wow - that's a big zucchini!

I do check facebook regularly, but I rarely post anything. I agree - I hate when it reloads and I lose what I was looking at. Happens to me all the time.

I still blog, but not as often. Ever since I took over handling the owner's accounts at the printing company - I don't have as much time to blog.

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, yep, huge. I have noticed blog land slowing down a bit for you this year. me too, plus many others. Sorry work is taking more time from you. Work is doing more for less people everywhere these days. We are stretching ourselves too thin on the fun parts lately! Thanks for making time to visit here! Glad FB is driving others crazy also...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home