Thursday, August 31, 2017

The Last Harrah

Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2017

... of summer is upon us, n after the huge Friday work-order I will get my much deserved, paid time off. I'm hopefull it will still be warm enough for a few leisurely beach trips, n a gazillion other things I'd like to get to.

Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2017

We may be getting Harvey rain leftovers by the week-end. Thankfully nothing like what happened in Texas this week. It has churned my stomach watching the news about what those folks are going thru there.

Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2017

A video of a guy swimming under water to catch a fish in his livingroom is etched in my brain. Hopefully this aftermath goes a bit smoother since we all  took Katrina lessons a dozen years ago this week. All the help n money going to aid the aftermath will likely be better alloocated. The vollunteer effort shown so far is heart-warming. Neighbors seen helping each other fosters faith in the goodness of folks during time of need.

Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2017

I hope to not need to expect such large-scale disasters in my future, but we need to admit that now all bets are off, n no location is immune.


Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2017

Lots of traffic accidents going on locally so far this week. Wish folks would slow down a bit more. Everyone is cramming in all they can into the last week of Summertime, n some have begun classes already.

Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2017

They put an end to our annual Harvest Moon Festival here, but that's what it is emotionally here, when residents are relieved to have the place free of boisterous tourists n quieter again.


Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2017

I'll have my own little rest celebration this up-coming week anyhow. Hopefully I don't find myself too busy in my upcoming free time...

... to find time for reading, writing, art, n music without hurrying thru it. I have been under too much pressure this year. I tend to put it onto myself tho-


Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2017

The temps here have cooled down the past few days, n it's a relief not to be too humid for a change. My mood has already changed just knowing I can rest after busy Friday this time.

Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2017

Photo by SnaggleTooth Aug 2017

Saw some cool cattails on my way home from the store last week.

Have a good Labor Day! I will for once-  not having to work.

5 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Yes today we have to stop wearing white. LOL I think that is now a thing of the past however. We have been expecting remnants of Harvey also but none so far. It has been ages since I have seen cattails. I can remember picking them and chasing my siblings with them.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

It will take at least a year for Texas to recover, but I am sure another storm will hit in the coming years. This is not over, ever. So sad. We are due a possible hurricane hit here next weekend and we will be on travel, so we have to tie everything down or bring it inside to prevent any damage. I love the green mosaic towards the bottom. Make sure you set aside time to just veg.

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, at work we son white coats every day... Don't usually wear it except over my bathing suit to not get sunburned. I saw them again n still didn't pick them. Half are turning flyaway, fuzzy seeds now.

Tabor, hope all goes well with the next few I saw out there on the news. Luckily they move out faster in the East Coast area. I am vegging early, (now) n hopefully will move earlier n faster after the week-end. Thanks

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

How did I miss so many posts??? So sorry to be absent like this - lots going on and I just couldn't seem to catch up. You know how that is, for sure.

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, n I didn't see your comment for awhile either!
Life is keeping you very busy! Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home