Thursday, October 09, 2014

Total

Image by SnaggleTooth Fall 2014


Total aggravation

Total eclipse of the Blood Moon

Totally blocked by clouds

Totally rained out.

Total waste of time

Total waste of knowledge

Totally'wanted to see it

Totally psyched then bummed



Did you get to see the lunar eclipse? I totally couldn't. It seems I've been cloud blocked by everything celestial that I was awake to observe this year. But I shouldn't complain because I did see  two shooting stars on separate occasions that weren't part of the scheduled meteor showers I missed due to cloud cover...

On another tack, ("Annabelle Lee," sailors get it), I ran into someone I know still doing newspaper crosswords. Some folks just really like those, but I don't think I've ever filled one all the way in. I always miss a clue or three, n always write in at least one wrong answer, because I always guess.

The person surprised me because they googled for an answer on their smart phone! Apparently, new phones have changed cross-wording problems...

Photo by SnaggleTooth Fall 2013
What I used to have the most fun doing were the "Mad Libs" found in the old drug store news racks. They never failed to amuse me.

This stuff is all online somewhere now too...

8 Comments:

At 5:42 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

I regret to inform you that I did totally see the lunar eclipse!! It was amazing but I believe I was alone in this area because I was the only person awake. LOL

Ron used to work newspaper crosswords and other book and paper crosswords in a flash. He was so arrogant about his ability that he worked them in pen not pencil! Thankfully the computer age allowed me to print several blank ones for him every day to feed his habit.

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

I missed it. Being in recovery from the flu I did not really care. There will be another one.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger TALON said...

I always have a crossword book handy...it's my go-to thing when I'm somewhere waiting. I use pen, too, so I try to be accurate. :)

We didn't see the blood moon. Annoying, but the same here for us as you - every celestial event has been cloud obscured. On the up side, did see some meteor showers so I'm not going to complain too much. :)

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, congrats on getting the Total Eclipse in! So Ron was one of those... Guess Letter trivia is a gift some folks have, plus the patience for it. Good of you to find him puzzles. Yep, computers are good for some stuff-

Tabor, Not interested due to flu. I just hate knowing about it, being awake, then not able to see it anyway- Yep, April from Africa I think... We just want to live that long without the sniffles!

Talon, you too! No wonder words seem easy for you. I don't think the clues are clear sometimes. I bet you don't resort to Google! I just want my wishes from the meteors granted ASAP!

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger TALON said...

Snaggle, I confess there are a few crosswords in my books that remain unfinished because I stubbornly refuse to look up the answers! :)

I hope your wishes come true pronto! If I was in charge of the cosmos, they'd already be granted.

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I did see it, but it didn't glow like blood for me. :) It seemed faintly reddish. Maybe it depended upon the area of the world watching from.

I do crosswords when I'm confined someplace - like a hospital waiting area.

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Yes, a big big fan of Mad Libs here. And we made up our own "Cards Against Humanity" questions a few weeks ago. Talk about in stitches laughing! Kind of like Mad Libs, mixed with Apples to Apples. More like A to A, actually.

Nope, have seen no eclipses, other than total ones of the heart... :) since the mid or late 1970s.

I did a crossword on a plane this past summer. Fun, but like you I missed a clue or two. Of course, I'm always missing those.. :)

xoxoxo

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, I knew it! There's something to be said that you do it the "right" way- n cheating is less fun. Thanks, hopefully the Cosmos is listening...

Lynn, Lucky you to see it live- That's a different take, like you are resorting to killing time that way. I go crazy trying to stay alert while flipping thru boring magazines hospital waiting.

Jannie, MB has that game. Weird stuff in there! I hope you get to see one sometime- Maybe in about 2 more years for the next Lunar visible from North America.
You seem to be clued in most of the time to me...
Hope to have time to load your page this week. no zippy machine available for awhile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home