Thursday, September 25, 2014

More Colorful

Photo by SnaggleTooth Sept 2014

The Autumn color dance is quietly cutting in. Just outside my side-yard window the HuckleBerry tree waves a colorful vine boa, and a few yellowed leaves. The vines always turn first, Trees grew leaves so late this warm season, it seems too soon to let them go.

Perhaps the rain we are expecting today may add more leaf color to the free show we get here in the NorthEast USA. All but two days all summer I've had to water the deck garden this growing season. Soon I'll be deciding what to try to bring in to avoid frost, and if I must pick the last six green tomatoes.

Image by SnaggleTooth Sept 2014 The editor is messing with my pics again today. I'm wondering if this one will load the whole image on the blog, because twice when added in the editor, only half of it is showing here. I haven't been able to get to the better machine often lately. Notably it's more of a chore to get posts out from home.

I installed more of my programs on the new machine, n almost don't need to use the old one anymore, until I run into a  filter custom  dialogue setting I need to do these altered images. I've been writing them in a notebook as I find them n resetting the custom way I've been doing these.

Image by SnaggleTooth Sept 2014

Out doing errands today, I was surprised at the price increases, especially on produce n meat. I got a mini-pumpkin for a dollar . I tried planting seeds from last years, but never got results from any of the squash.

Looking forward to a new Grey's Anatomy plus SpiderMan II to watch this week. Also working on a short-term project I began on my free week. A lazy, rainy Day Off coming up here... Yay~

7 Comments:

At 6:17 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

A lazy, rainy day off sounds like just what the doctor ordered! That red in the first pic - is lovely. Hard to believe summer is over.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Nice pics all. Sorry to see summer go because I dread winter after having such a bad one last year.

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, I need more lazy days - of course part of each day is frantic chore time n laundry, but I like not needing to get up earlier. Can't wait for the Fall-Back time hour. Summer has been short, but we have been lucky with fairly warm Sept days.

Gran Annie, just remember it's never the same as last year, so maybe this one will be easier for you, I hope! Our Elec Co . wants a %40 increase- n if it does get it- I don't know what else I can do. Life seems to get more inconvenient lately!
I couldn't comment at your blog earlier again- must have reached the dial-up limit or something. Will do it now from Zippy machine!

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

Such a lovely view from your window. Fall is racing by it seems.

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, The pretty vine is still there, but after all this rain a bit more ragged. I like that view alot, thanks.

 
At 4:13 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I'm not looking forward to winter I have to say. We had terrible flooding and storms here last year, and we haven't even recovered from that yet, so I'm praying we have an easier winter this year.

Love the colouring in that second image.

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, I hope the season change is kind for the UK this year, n nicer to your roof too! It's been pretty windy here this week so far- all the Impatien flowers blew off today. I'll pray for you too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home