Thursday, August 21, 2014

Summer Slips

Photo by SnaggleTooth July 2014

One more week of August, Summer, left- it always goes so fast! But our weather here has been un-Summer-like for two week already... I'm bummed out I haven't gone swimming yet, because the low-tides, rain, or cool temps took the motivation away. Sunny, hot 80's F  would make it far more likely to happen..

Critters at the M-cove this year have been good company, but poor pic models. These geese took a long time to decide to cross under the bridge, until I turned away not to watch them that day.

This spring an otter had a lodge on the other side of the bridge, n I got horrible, smudgy shots of her swimming from under the bridge, as she came out to see who was whistling a call, (Just me). But of course July fireworks made her decide to move further up the estuary. The Blue Heron always hides in the long marsh grass at the cove edge, n I only have teeny speck pics of him. Again today I saw him fly away when I got on the bridge. The only company there tonight were two other pic takers, n a couple of fisher-guys. I chatted a little bit, n then the graphic quality of clouds quickly sailed away, n so very few pics were clicked.

Folks are trying to get in more Summer before it's over. I'm hoping we get the missing hot weather back three weeks from now in time for my long-awaited week off. Meanwhile, I'm picking pretty tomatoes n flowers, n hanging on a few more weeks of crazy-time work.

10 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Blogger Tabor said...

We always chase summer like a long lost lover when she is on her way home! Critters do not like my lens much either.

 
At 1:25 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, In these northern USA parts, we really mourn Summer's over time- You have so many great bird shots n raptors too- Especially at your Room without Walls blog. Really, you've done well I think!

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

Love the ducks swimming in a semi-circle. Lovely photo - you live in an enchanted place.

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Oops...

 
At 5:19 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, Thanks, those are Canadian geese. It took weeks to get a non-blurry geese pic!

Neo, ooo~, ooops. Been off-line for days this week. Can't wait until work slows down again!

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I think the geese photo is actually very good! Nice composition with 5 in a row.

You get to have such a nice fall, tho. And maybe some swimming and Indian summer ahead!

Good luck and hang in there, I know the upcoming holiday will find you very busy at work.

xoxoxo

 
At 5:58 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Hi Jannie, Are you back from the Bay de Chaleur? Probably was cooler there than here. But back to the upper 70's n low tide. Yep, one more crazy week-end to go- Next week will be so much easier. Thanks

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Oui, oui, I am back from that Belle Baie. And from La Baie de Mahone. Yep, had a couple cool days, but mostly in the 70s / 80s and sunny.

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

That is a lovely photo. You did well to capture it. Summer seems to be well and truly over here in the UK. I can't say I'm looking forward to the long winter months much.

 
At 4:55 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Were they geese or ducks?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home