Sunday, September 15, 2013

Lost Days 2

Image by SnaggleTooth Sept 2013
You know you need time Off ASAP when Lost Days keep happening in your free time...

Like last Day Off... You know - A long list of errands to accomplish, until you realize upon dressing your keys are missing, n last night after mowing the lawn at dusk, you'd shoveled the drain in the dark under overgrown forest Bamboo before the rainstorm. Due to allergies you'd changed clothes about four times, n finally locate the keyes in a pocket, not in the drain crap, when it's too late to get the mail or get to the laundry-mat before last wash...
Before summer-crazy-time at work, I'd requested a vaca week as soon as available in September. Finally it just got confirmed a week ago. Tough to make plans that way while incredibly burnt out. First I just need to think clearly. So Day One I wrote the list of about 20 things I'd like to get to this week. 

Photo by SnaggleTooth Sept 2013
Doubt I'll get all that list stuff done in a few days, but some beats none. Finally getting to some laundry too- need to get all the warm blankets done. Chilly out tonight, windows are closed. Still searching for missing items put away too well last spring. I bet most of my time will be spent just tracking down pieces. Most packed away too well in this little place. There's just so much less daylight now to see what I'm doing.

After dark I tend to get alot less done, but will take advantage to put my feet up some, putter on 'Puter, read books, n watch shows more to rest up. Already got to watch the new Star Trek Into Darkness on dvd directed by JJ. Abrams. I enjoyed it, think it's a good Sci-Fi story plot, n a well made film. I bet in 3-D it's really good too.

Image by SnaggleTooth Sept 2013

At least that last Lost Day was good for sunset pics. So here's pics I'd wanted to post earlier. Last night at the D-Bridge was pretty too, but pic posting from it will have to wait again. Seems either I'm hurrying n dropping or losing things or waiting when I don't want to...

Now back to cooking (chicken n zucchini), n eating all kinds of stuff at leisure, with no pressing plans except what I want to do... 

14 Comments:

At 6:42 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

Don't forget to set aside time to sit and meditate. Days grow shorter and it is harder to get stuff done.

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

For some reason I get a lot more done when I make lists.

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, I've been very tired so relaxing more than I probably should. When you're awake all night n get up in the afternoon, daylight is only a couple hours per day. Thanks

Gran Annie, Yep, without the list, I forget what I want to do more. I like crossing stuff off it too!

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger TALON said...

Your sunset shots are always a pure delight for me, Snaggle. Just stunning! I hope you get lots of R & R. Relaxing is good and necessary. The chores will always be there. And I'm hating that the evenings are drawing in so much...not used to that...hard to adjust after all those daylight hours.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, I'm relaxing alot more than I'd planned. Glad you enjoy my sunset pics. No fun when I can't share hem! I prefer artwork in Daylight too, but laundry keeps eating up time then. Hate the dark evening so soon myself- Thanks

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

That is the most beautiful sunset shot ever!

I'm playing blog catch up and I'm glad to see you are having some time off. I hope you are finding time to relax. The cooking sounds lovely.

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Lists are always a good idea. I write a list when I go shopping but still forget to buy half the stuff on it!

As much as I don't like winter I actually quite like the shorter days and longer nights. I like closing the blinds and accepting there is no more I can do outside for the day.

Lovely photos!

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, thank you, it does get tougher n tougher to find one better than those previously posted. I've been eating so much better this week, except for the chocolate n ice cream! I'm so used to being starving all night...

LLcoolJ, without the list I'll forget the main reason I went to the store, n only get there once per week. I bemoan the undone when the Sun goes down. Or when iyt rains, because I like being outdoors. Basically I get up too late, n still don't get enough sleep! This week I'm loafing too much n know I need too- Thanks

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

Better is one day in His courts than thousands elsewhere. May you have peace like a river and the presence of the Holy one to guide and guard you.

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

David, without a doubt- thank you for your peace n presence blessings

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Erica B said...

yay! I'm so glad you are finally able to have some time to "relax". I have been meaning to catch up with you, and it seems like I missed your week off :/ i will try and call soon!

 
At 5:33 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, I had a whole list of folks to call, but only got a little headway on it- Projects got time consuming, especially the cleaning... n finding stowed away winter supplies. I think I made more of a mess than I cleared! Still need a second coat of paint on the ceiling... Hope to talk to you soon

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Sounds like a sweet zucchini week a-cooking.

Laundry -- reminds me to go put them in the dryer, but first have to clean up kitchen counter and dishes to have clean counter space to put the clothes that much come out of the dryer first...

But first-first to make sure Kelly's doing her homework.

Then put her to bed!

I made a list of 20 at the beginning of the summer, which grew to 30, and I've still got about 5 of them left to do.

And fall is officially here. :) :)

xoxooxox

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Jannie, My Fav summertime veggie, with onions n garlic. I'm so used to starving all day- It was great. Happy Autumn already!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home