Thursday, September 13, 2012

Fall in

 Photo by SnaggleTooth Sept 2012


Finally I made it to Day Off plus a quick n earlier sundown by the cove.

Yellow weed wildflowers before the D-bridge highlight more yellow accents of sunlight bouncing off the posts, plus a cottage's bright yellow door behind them.


 Photo by SnaggleTooth Sept 2012


The vines near the edge of the water, which are always first here, started to turn red already.






Image by SnaggleTooth Sept 2012
 We've had a few very cool nights. I broke down n finally closed some of the windows at night, n found a clean throw blanket to sleep with. I picked n ate some beets today, n found a few stubby carrots for tomorrow. I washed my dusty slippers, n will want something warmer to wear around the house than the flip flops soon probably.


Image by SnaggleTooth Sept 2012
 It's tough only getting one Day Off this week. I crammed as much into the day as possible, n hope I didn't forget any important errand items.


I like that second day best to cook n tie up loose ends. Also I feel more like writing n playing instruments. I'm not yet recovered from my soreness n have to work again, plus put in another 6 days in a row.

 Photo by SnaggleTooth Sept 2012

For 911 I didn't get to do any of my normal things this year. No post, no pics, story, or poem, no time to stop to light a candle n pray, n no movies to watch. That didn't stop me from still feeling the emotional mourning from that traumatic event all day tho. Ignoring it's commemoration in complacency just isin't an acceptable option for me. I can't believe it's been 11 years already- seems like a blink ago.
]

 Photo by SnaggleTooth Sept 2012


The summer weather tho, seemed to last a very long time this year...
Guess it's all a matter of perception n focus. The sunset had no remarkably unique cloud accents. But it was still beautiful to witness in it's simplicity.

8 Comments:

At 6:00 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Been lagging a bit on my updates too.

I did manage to watch some of the name reading. Was getting annoyed at some of the people in the background yapping on cell phones while they were reading off the names. People just don't have respect anymore.

Looking to pull out my a/c in the next week or so. Just want to be sure an Indian summer doesn't hit. I still think winter is coming earlier this year, and we'll get a hard winter.

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I didn't do a 9/11 post this year either - but like you, I honored the day privately. I'll never forget.

Lovely lovely photos. So peaceful.

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Now I feel like I must post my favorite scene photo of water framed by trees. You and Lynn both did so today and I am jealous.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Closing the windows and slipping under a nice clean throw into good dreams seems a nice thing.

Well, within your words here you DID commemorate 911.

I really enjoyed the pix!! That yellow cottage door is cheery. I almost thought the guard rail was a bench at first.

Nice to hear you're playing music. Hope you sing at work?

xoxo

 
At 4:02 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, I think complacency is taking over again with most folks. Young people I work with aren't affected at all. No one mentioned it all day!
the predictions are for alot of unusual harsh weather. I hope it all skips me-

Lynn, I think those with the biggest hearts have been effected the most- I wish I could have the day off as a required holiday myself. The peace is the best part of the bridge walk. Thanks

Gran Annie, I bet you have lots of good lake pics begging for sharing priority- There might even be Slim in them...

JanF, Couldn't wait to stop the sleep sweating n change the sheets! The toes are feeling the cool now. I realized I was a day late, but wanted to do on the day post, n ran out of time n energy! There is a bench on the lawn there of course! My second day off I'm not too sore to use the hands n arms, so play better. How else is there to keep my sanity? or insanity? This week I'm singing my blues called "Workaholic."

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Neo said...

I'd say it's more like apathy.

And it's spreading...

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I didn't do a 9/11 post either I just put a remembrance thing in my sidebar. But I'll never forget that day.

Love the yellow door in your first photo.

Since my return from the States we've been having quite a nice sumer here in the UK. Better late than never!

 
At 3:52 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, You may be right- they just don't care beyond their own selves. Seems most folks have just continued on as though nothing ever happened- which bothers me.

LLcoolJ, The door does make that shot- thanks. Any summer in the UK is a miracle! Just strangely warm this year for my area too-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home