Monday, July 02, 2012

So Many Dinghies

Image by SnaggleTooth 2012


While it seems so many folks are off work here for the celebratory BBQ n fireworks parties all week, I'm going crazy trying to keep up with all the extra orders at work. It's definately Crazy Time here!


I only have one Day Off this week, the 4th! But I'm betting I'll sleep thru the planned festival in the center of town early in the day  because I'll be so wiped out. 

Saturday there will be fireworks right down the street from home, but I'll miss it again, working across town. 


Image by SnaggleTooth 2012
 I've been rounding up another Rypo post for weeks now, but have had too limited free time to get it to post stage. Notably, no time to play with the planned image ideas. I'll try to get that up in the very near future, but my ambitions may out-weigh my energy this holiday USA week. 



Meantime, applying my altered pic formula to this photo takes so little time, n I like the results. I should probably be eating or sleeping instead of posting now- Working early, working late, I've had no other fun at all. I always like the crowded dinghy area of the short-pier in Summer. This is from the same Day as the boat pic below.



 Photo by SnaggleTooth 2012



I hope the intense heat isin't frying my blog buddies down South too badly today. The news paints a horrible Power-Out senario. I hope you all find a way to get thru it ok. We're only in the 80F range here this week.

Happy July everyone! 

8 Comments:

At 6:17 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

We survived the weekend - it's supposed to be 101 today. I'm glad you get the 4th off at least! I may just do the same as you and sleep in a little. :) Happy 4th, Snaggle.

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Was this weekend Fourth of July weekend or will next weekend be Fourth of July weekend or will the celebration on Fourth of July be it for times to party and shoot off fireworks? I'm really confused. Guess you could call me dingy...or dinghy...or whatever. Alter my comment and make it beautiful like you do those pictures okay?

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger TALON said...

It's crazy hot all over the place - we're routinely soaring into the high 90's and that's just not a normal thing here until at least August. I'm glad you found a few minutes to play, Snaggle. And I hope you do find some time on the Fourth to really kick back and relax though I can only imagine how tired you are working such long hours.

Here's hoping everyone's lives can get back to normal quickly after all that devastation!

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

80F range sounds so heavenly, enjoy if you can.

And don''t worry about posting and such, tho we will miss you. Please EAT & SLEEP first, as need be. A rest on the morning of the 4th could be a really great thing, then you could enjoy the fireworks if you are in the mood.

Thinking of you a lot!

xoxo

 
At 4:54 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, I'm glad your ok n your power is on there in that swelter-zone! Triple digits are the tough- The festival Weds is 10 to 2, during my normal sleeping hours, btw. Good luck tomorrow- hope it gets back down soon!

Gran Annie, Yes, there are 3 party times for tourists with the Weds date. All three- but this village will do the big concert-party-fireworks at the beach next Sat. There's a parade n festival on Weds in the Town Center. If it wasn't in the paper I'd mix it up too... There will be so many people around my house all week, I'll be lucky to get out the driveway! Hmmm how to alter text...

Talon, I can't believe you're getting 90s there too! Poor doggies must be roasting. I wonder where normal climate has gone this decade? But at least you're spared the damage there. The 4th I imagine it will be all I can do to stand on my sore feet! Hopefully I put them in the cool water...

JanF, Guess your place is pretty toasty this week too? Wonder if your parents are hot at the Bay de Chalor aussie? Don't you want to hurry up n laugh at my odd Rypos? Got some doozies again. Definately a challenge to prove I'm still alive here on blogger this week... n if I can I will- Because it's fun! I did report that I have to miss the local foreworks this Saturday- Maybe I'll see some on TV with Regis this year.

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger TALON said...

Dropping in to wish you a Happy Fourth of July, Snaggle!

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I wish you could all send some sunshine my way! Well I'm glad at least you have today off work. Don't sleep all day and hopefully you'll be able to join in the celebrations!

 
At 2:29 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, Thank you! Got some rest at least.

LLcoolJ, getting a lot of clouds n thunderstorms with the sun here- Good thing for the long daylight hours. Still spent the say alone, folks were setting off fireworks I could see from the deck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home