Sunday, April 19, 2009

GangPlank

Photo by SnaggleTooth April 2009


.
.
Another sleepy day off after so much missed rest lately had me struggling to get up by four in the afternoon! I could see glimpses of sunlight from the windows before continueing my sleep, but by the time I did get up, skies were overcast n it was spitting sparce, intermittent
raindrops.
.
I finally made some clean-up progress out in the yard this week, due to the downstairs folks not being around. I had to buy a new barrel to replace the recently stolen one. I also got a little trellis for the bramble rose to lean on, so dug out the grass around it n cleared the deadwood from when they ran over it a few times in the snow a few months back. Some raking got done out front despite the raindrops before it got dark today. Hopefully, I wasn't too quick to remove the leaves from the front garden. Time n lack of frozen crystals will tell. The little evergreens, sprouted tiger lillies, n Boston Ferns will do alright in the cold, anyways.
.
Two weeks ago I'd cleaned up the woods area right across from my house, but today I couldn't tell, due to a host of fresh dumpings. Lazy litterbugs! The neighbor's trash pick-up guys seem to let more stuff fly out of the truck than they dump in it, too. I picked up a bunch of billowing plastic stuff n a broken open large garbage bag of dirty beer cans strewn all over the place in there. It was still light outside at seven-thirty!
.
I think it'll be at least another three days to finish getting leaves n sticks off the deck n side yards, if I don't have to keep up with more trash getting in the way. it's definately preferable to get it out of there before everything grows over it, n the insects get busy. It's also much easier to avoid the plentful thorns.
.
At the store the other day, I actually bought a couple pink Hyacynth plants, which were a dollar bargain. My indoor seedlings are sprouted, n now I just have to keep Mischief from eating the plantlings. I'm growing her a new kitty greens too.
.
Gangway, I'm so ready for spring! Now I just got to get the eyes to stop allergy stinging, n get rid of all the dusties in here too...

11 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

this time of year is always so hard on your sinuses.. perhaps I'll bring down some claritin for you this weekend (btw.. I'm very excited to be coming down!) everyone around here, in all the town's have been suffering from what I've been calling the "plague". it's awful.. you won't die from it, but it surew ill kick your ass for a few days before it jumps to someone else. and the worse part is that so many people either have it or have had it you don't know who to blame. and this bug + spring allergies= no fun! i had the bug and had to stay home from work because i had a fever of 102 or 103 or soemthing.. and the vertigo didn't help either. Hopefully you'll start to feel better soon!

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger TALON said...

Snaggle Tooth, I'm glad you got to catch up on some rest and I'm glad you got some hyacinth. Mine are just beginning to seriously sprout.

It's a lot of work cleaning up, but looks nice and tidy when it's done.

It totally sucks that people insist on being litterbugs.

Hope your allergies aren't too severe this year!

 
At 2:48 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, I'm looking forward to seeing you n the kiddies again. I have that Color guard VHS, still got a VCR?
Sounds like I'm asking for "The Plague-flu" from your visit... Oh well, a day off work I can't take, either- Haven't called in once in 3 years, n can't afford to! Thanks for the warning... Where's that vitamen C at-

Talon, I'm hoping not to freeze the little bulb sprouts again so they'll keep growing, so brought them in the house tonight again- Still going down to freezing overnight. Also hoping they don't do a number on my nose- don't know yet.
Depending on the wind, tidy doesn't last long around here, due to fighting a forest of twigs n leaves. I do like it all done early.
Lately I feel taken advantage of by the dumpers. (wonder if it's the downstairs) N my eyes seem to be having probs these few weeks- sinuses not too bad yet.

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

don't worry, none of us are sick anymore.

and you rock for finding that tape for me! and yes I still have a VCR.

will you have friday off? i plan on heading down on friday, although if J had his way we'd be coming down sat.. I just think it would be too rushed. and I hardly see you all so i don't want to rush.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger nene said...

I'm starting to gat fustrated I've done this 10 times i just want to say hi and i miss you

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger nene said...

suree it works and i can't type lol

 
At 3:14 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, yay, maybe I won't get it...
the tape is still right under the vcr in the drawer, next to the old nintendo games. On Fri, Off Sat, unless they change it. All I need to do is wake up early-

Nene, it's you isin't it! Thanks for trying over n over! I must apologize for not having facebook time yet. I'll get around to it someday- just been too zonked n still on a slow modem, Today we're having a windy rain storm, so my connection keeps cutting off because of the phone in the rain thing here- Seems so strange you're online alot!
Thanks for blog-visiting. I miss hanging out with you guys too.

 
At 5:12 AM, Blogger Neo said...

/me pushes Snaggle into the water

 
At 1:52 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, Luckily Snag is a great swimmer- if only the water was warmer than the current 44 F! It's really easy to fall in off that rail-less fishing pier, too-

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

The ramble rose sounds so romantic.

have you seen that Clint Eastwood movie "Gran Turino?" He was a good grounds keeper-upper too.

LOVED the movie.

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, it just took 4 years to get the plant to flower again, then the folks decided to drive over it. I figure they won't wanna bang up the car so got a trellis...
haven't seen that particular Clint film, tho think I've seen all the other ones. Thanks for the thumbs up, I'll look for the DVD-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home