Sunday, March 22, 2009

Transparency

Photo by SnaggleTooth Mar 21 2009
.
.
If not for shadows of the waves from wind n the reflection of the sky increasing with depth, water would be clear. Maybe more green, brown, n red would be detectable due to the vegetation. If the fish couldn't hide, there'd be a ton less of them.
.
A cool, clear day n I got out for a few errands. I crossed my fingers n drove to my fav place on the way home. It amazes me how many folks go to that parking lot, but never get out of the car. Yeah, it's still a bit cool, but not unbearable by any means. It's always worth the side-trip.
.
Only one kid was out there leaping on rocks down the jette. (that pic was blurry). I tried to get the little flock of pipng plovers following me down the beach to pose, but they're so fast, every shot showed blurry birds. They're very cute to watch, tho. They're so shy you can't get within fifteen feet, either. If I had a great cam, long lens, n adjustable shutter speeds there'd be some nice birdy pics today. Well, I got the mind impression of their essense, n that's good too, just tough to share.
.
I played a few guitar tunes tonight, n my finger didn't hurt on the fret-board. There's still a lump on the bone, which hurts to the touch, but it functioned pretty good considering the recent injury. If I could get the rest of my body to rest-up I'd have more energy for music fun. It's time to begin another work-week, tho, n looks like a marathon order week to expect.
Off to another week of tired n sore in store for me... Have a good one.

9 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I don't post blurry photos either. We perfectionists, eh? I imagined those plovers and skipped stones, tho.

I know those places where folks don't get out of cars, at home it was the old wharf. I miss that place. So stark. And fragrant with wild ocean.

Lookin' forward to getting back to my gee-tar tomorrow when the child is back to school, almost no work done this weekend on my fretboard.

But tomorrow is a grand promise awaiting.

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger TALON said...

I could smell the sea, feel the wind and see the plovers scurrying and scattering...

The mind's eye is still the best camera of all...no blurry photos there - lol!

I'm glad you got to relax and spend some time doing things that make you happy.

Have a stellar week, Snaggle Tooth.

 
At 3:09 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, I got a good ten burry shots, which I couldn't check until on the puter at home. The whole pic except the birds are in focus! Why does my eye see them so much better than Digi-cam?
Luckily my fingers still listen to my memory, even after not playing for months. Good luck Limbering up, n with that new gig you listed!

Talon, This is the first time they came so close to me. They do the head thing, "walk like an Egyptian" as if in a strobe light, n dart at ultra speed. Right there, then suddenly dissappearwed to the end of the jette rocks in the blink of an eye. My mind sees much better than cam lately. I do need the sunshine to feel like myself. It's silly not to enjoy the nifty surroundings while living here.
I'll try to survive another over-do-it week. Thanks

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Michael K. Althouse said...

Nice shot... tranquil. Even though it might still be cool, the tourists haven't yet arrived and that, I suspect, provides some peace and comfort all by itself.

It's been very busy for me the past few months - blogging has fallen off considerably - still, it's nice to get a moment here and there to come see old friends!

Mike

 
At 2:29 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Mike, Even tho the large crowds aren't packed in yet, there are more people everywhere I go lately. I miss the solitude I'm used to, which fuels more creativity.
We should all be as constructively busy as you are- working on a MBA- I truelly appreciate your visit, thanks.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

THE GIG WENT GREAT!!! I hope my video cam got some good stuff.

 
At 2:08 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, I'm very happy for you gals. That can be so much fun. Video is never as pretty as the real thing-

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

If I can figger the uploadin' thang out I'll post a song from the show tommorow or Sunday.

 
At 3:25 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, thanks for the update. On Blogger we have to upload a standard size AVI movie. But there's a pop-up to load prompt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home