Saturday, March 28, 2009

Flight Sight

Photo by SnaggleTooth Mar 2009 .
.
.
The gulls always seem so close sailing by me, when I click them, but so far away in the pic back at home. The final crop ends up as more of a graphic silhoutte, but at least not a total blur as other recent tries at the capturing the motion. When you consider the sunlight made seeing anything in the dispay impossible at the time, it's amazing I even got them in the frame...
They play a good "Follow the leader" game.
.
There's a "Skywatch Fridays" thing going on as advertised at David's recent post in case you're interested in doing a weekly post project. I don't sign-up for any of those weekly things, cause I hate following schedules. (Note this fits with the theme, but it isin't Friday). I like following other people's ideas tho- like at Carmi's he's got a "Caption This" contest which always has me giggling at the comments due to folks great, silly ideas. I'm a past Honorable Menschen. The current one has me stumped at the moment tho.
.
In blogging it's easy to get ideas to post by playing Follow the Leader of posts seen elsewhere. What amazes me, is when I finally go read put off stuff, n discover people wrote similar themed or titled posts about the same time I had! Is this only co-incidence, or Follow the Leader? It's a tough call, but in blogging, it doesn't really matter. Common social experience increases the odds of folks similar ideas. Everyone has a unique opinion to add.
.
I wonder when the public's novel ideas n words to post will become exhausted. There's so much specialized info posted out there by experts already. So many folks of differrent regions of the planet's cultures actually teaching n relating to each other through the blogger-net. The ability to add our piece into the puzzle of what makes us all tick, makes us want to be part of the loop, to play a part.
.
This post just jelled all by itself, after deciding to put the gull pic up, totally unplanned to end up as a Follow the Leader game themed post, due to the comp of pic subjects, n recent blog reads. I could've just related my over-tired, low-key day...

5 Comments:

At 1:26 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Blurred images... LOL....

Oh man... that shit is funny...

Right........

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger TALON said...

It's fun when you do a "point and shoot and fingers crossed shot" and see what develops (pun intended). I love shots looking out onto the horizon...the gulls adding just the right touch of movement.

Like you, Snaggle, I wonder when the novelty will wear off...but then a lot of blogs I've visited seem to burn out by themselves.

They say "great minds think alike"...and they also say that "immitation is the sincerest form of flattery" and I think there's a melding of the two in the blogging world quite often...

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, Of course if my post could be related to the blurred images as yours can be sometimes, I might post some. Lately the birds n wind have been giving digi-cam a run for the money-

Talon, My cam doesn't give me a good review of the shot large enough to tell how it'll look on puter, so alot get deemed "unworthy" when back home.
So many bloggers have pooped out after a year or two, very sad for me as the reader! (I miss them)
For instance, a couple weeks ago I was reading a religious book called "By the Stillness," n I wrote a post "Stillness," then discovered so had a couple other folks I read!

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Interesting philosophical post about writing being exhausted. I think that on technical things there is probably only so much that can be said.

But on more creative blogs, like yours, I think the creativity can go on forever, in complete agreement with the "everyone has a unique opinion to add." Is so surprised me when I first started blogging wiht comments, the things that people would say so diferent from what I thought could be said. Now I always expect the unexpected! Keeps it spicy.

Great shot! (As always.)

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, thanks for believing in my creative abilities, as I believe in yours, of course!
The addictive aspect of commenting is what surprised me when I began ESR, as well as diffent dialogues. At first tho, I was doing all the commenting elsewhere. Sometimes the direction comments takes makes it more interesting than the post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home