Thursday, April 09, 2009

Inanimate Visitors

Photo by SnaggleTooth April 2009 .
.
.
Here's the greenest color on the hill this week, a high n dry kite. I won't be able to clean up that one, so it's sure to be flapping over head for awhile. Note: when you go fly a kite kids, stick to the beaches n fields away from the woods...
The birds can always use a wind-sock...
.
Different un-natural objects often take up random residence on the wooded hill. Last May there was a ball followed for several (1 2 3 4) posts as it was covered in vegetation..
.
In April '07 there was a stuck swim-tube reported by ESR, which was pretty funny. I'm both amused n embittered by these un-natural artifacts glitching up the scenery across the road.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth April 2009.
Across town where it's alot warmer lately, I went to do some business at Town Hall today, n found some crocus blooms near the parking lot. After a week of gusty winds, rain, n clouds, the past two days have been mild n sunny, coaxing lawns to begin greening up. Today was a balmy 56F afternoon on the car wash sign. That's amazing when you consider it was 34F at dawn before I went to bed.

Photo by SnaggleTooth April 2009

I'm not sure what this plant is. It was in that same garden. About eight of them were arranged in a circle around a sleeping shrub.
.
Easter week is upon us already. I wish I had more time for the little ones, but I have to keep working holidays for now. I've been eating too much early candy. The small, snackable sizes are just too easy to use as a pick-me-up.
.
My nine paged state tax forms finally got copied n mailed this week- whew! I made it out to vote in the town election. My nieghbor ran for a committee position, n I still don't know who won. I got quite a bit done, n worked long hours too. What I missed, was sleeping. Each day I had time allotted for it, the young downstairs folks managed to awaken me with loud noise much of the time.
My indoor allergies tend to peak every April, n my eyes are so red, puffy, n burning I'm going thru eyedrops like crazy this week. Time to prepare for tree pollen soon. I usually get severe head-aches. We'll see if the naural healing recommended live-culture yogurt daily eating has any effect on having milder symptoms this time.
..
There's tons of outdoor clean-up awaiting more sunshine warmth. The deck is a leafy mess, n about twenty plant containers need an overhaul. All the little evergreen trees are pot-bound. I managed to plant some seeds inside this week also. The ToDo's is a long list. I'm certainly good at keeping myself active n too busy. I enjoy the plants tho, it's theraputic, n they grow for me.
.
Now if those downstairs people would just go fly a kite more often, I might get progress on a few more hours of needed rest...

13 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger TALON said...

I hope your allergies are mild for you this year, Snaggle Tooth.

That unidentified flower is a hyacinth. When it blooms it will release the most amazing fragrance.
The crocus are so pretty! It's so nice to see Spring signs.

Hopefully the kite flyers have learned a lesson on mixing kites with trees! We have a kite flying club here in the city. They won't begin meeting for a few more weeks, but I'll have to take a trip out and see if I can get some shots of some of the amazing kites they fly. I used to love flying kites when I was a kid - nothing fancy, just those dollar ones that crashed once and were toast - lol!

Yay! on getting the taxes done. Those types of things are a big relief to strike off the ever-growing to-do list!

Isn't it wonderful to be planting seeds and looking forward to the fine weather? I just hope your noisy neighbors become "fine weather friends" and take off when you're needing to sleep!

Happy Easter!

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

I am guessing that plant is Hyacinth.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

specifically it's a Grape Hyacinth by the looks. I planted some in my garden a couple years back. We had completely forgotten about planning for Easter when on Weds, J asked Auntie P if anythign had been.. her answer.. "not that she knew of".. lol.. so now we get to figure out if we'll be doing anything. I hope so, an dI hope it's more than just mere finger foods to nibble on the entire day that they usually do.. although I have convinced J to have some real food the past few years.. I'm sorry but finger foods just don't last the entire day. lol

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger Neo said...

You should email Charlie Brown now that we know where his kite has gotten too...

 
At 3:34 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, thanks for your good wishes n especially for telling me what that plant is- maybe I can go back there in a few days n see if I'm allergic to the fragrance. Of course, now here comes a torrential downpour spell...
A club- wow! They used to have group flyers at the park when I was a kid, n a few times I got way up there about a hundred feet!
Now I need a new file container for all those new tax records, no where to put 'em.
I really love plants. I look forward to when those folks are supposed to move out!
Happy Bunny day 2U2!

David, thankyou nature expert.

MB, Good going on the garden talent. I really miss those huge ham or roast beef dinners with mashed taters Nanny used to make us go to for Easter. Watching Charlton Heston's "The Ten Commandments" was required too. Both BBM n me are working this holiday, so there is zero egg plan here-

Neo, "Dear Chuck, Good Grief, it's gusty here- get a grip on your string!"

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Yes, a hyacinth! My fav spring fragrant flower.

Ooo, a grape hyacinth. Your readers are for sure "in the know."

Our town had a kite festival a few weekends ago. Kite city in the trees now. I think the city will take them down, eventually.

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, well, it appears I'm the only one who didn't recognize the springtime fav over which bloggers rave... I also wonder why the stores haven't had any here?
You're lucky to still have any city services this year. Our town is almost completely shut down with budget cuts-
Seems there are many playing Charlie Brown with kites lately.

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger Thomma Lyn said...

What beautiful pictures! Things are blooming and budding all over here in East TN, even though the nights are still fairly chilly. But I like cool nights -- they're great for sleeping. :)

I'm sorry to hear about your allergies! I hope you feel better soon. April can be a rough month, allergy-wise.

Happy Bunny Day to you, and thanks for visiting my blog today. :)

 
At 2:48 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Thomma Lynn, Thanks for the return visit, n for enjoying the pics. It's been a very long wait for outdoor blossoms until this week!
My allergies can really slow me down this time of year, it's been a challenge for many years.
Have a good holiday!

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Tess said...

I miss those spring flowers. No such thing in AZ in spring except for sale in the grocery store.

Even if I plant them and they grow it's not the same as seeing them peek up from under the snow. Brave little things they are.

That one flower is a purple hyacinth. They also come in pink and white. I love them too.
Thanks for sharing and I'm glad your world is beginning to thaw out.

 
At 3:45 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tess, I had a friend in Med school in AZ for a year, who brought me a cute little cactus, which I managed to kill... Prob the house was too cold in the winter-
Mostly up here we're desparate to see anything grow after the barren, seemingly endless winter blahs! It grows so fast it's amazing- Thanks

 
At 3:45 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Damn 4 days and no update? Getting lazy in ya old age! ;) /me ducks and runs

 
At 2:25 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, I don't do schedules (u bedda duck)! Generally I don't post until a day off, unless I'm on the ball, as yesterdays-. Only one full week off in 3 years is making me pretty grouchy-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home