Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ice is a Beach

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2009
.
.
The same scene is shown in the post below, this pic was taken today.
.
I went to visit my fav spot today while out on errands. It looks a bit different now, tho the chill feels the same. We're expecting more artic air for the week-end taking us sub-Z F again. The ice will build more.
.
A slush-puppy like layer several feet wide is visible rolling with the waves along the water's ice edge now. I wonder how long it'll take to freeze over the bay. Those are my footprints. No one else got out of the cars there again.

6 Comments:

At 3:34 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

that is so cool
or cold
but winter has some GOOD moments
wishing you warmth
and the blessing of God each day

 
At 4:19 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Thankyou David for your warmth wishes. I hope your small castle holds up ok.

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Your footprints are lovely.

Do people get nuts and drive their cars when the ice gets thick? On the ice, I mean?

 
At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a great photo.

I generally prefer my beaches sunny, but it looks so pretty I'll make an exception.

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

just rain here, and warm
I got 6 miles in paddling my kayak across the perfect high mountain lake - life is GOOD!

 
At 3:17 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, No driving on the sea ice, which is less predictable than fresh water because it moves with the tides n breaks up alot.

K, thanks for the visit. Glad you like my post choice of the 35 I took there the last trip. So many came out good, it took hours to decide-

David, So lucky not to be frozen to the mountain yet! The artic blast is expected sometime this am. Still over 20F (warm?) right now- I wonder what it's like paddling through the slushy layer...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home