Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turkey

Photo by SnaggleTooth Nov 2008
.
.
Now that I'm sufficiently stuffed with holiday edibles, I sit here unwinding from the day's adventures.
.
Little Truck made the trip without incident, n I'm very grateful to be home safe from my solitary travels. Near home the roads were deserted. Up near Brockton to Beantown, the highway got busy. The evening ride back was more crowded.
.
The roads around Metro-West are more rife than usual with pothole obstacles. After the winter damage it's normal, but it still hasn't snowed there yet. The bumps will become canyons by springtime after the plows get done. Infrastucture takes a budget cut...
.
It was one of the smallest Turkey gatherings I've attended in my life. We all fit into one room, at one table. A few invitees were unable to make the trip due to work n distance, but most missing folks managed to call to say hello during my short visit.
.
The food was excellent, n we all chowed down n had a good visit. As always it was fun to see everyone, n little guys kept us on our toes n entertained.
.
I'm thankful I got a new, large, brown-paper turkey on the fridge door to remind me of this day when I finally got to see special loved ones again.
I'm greatful everything in my zone went well, n was safe.
.
Hearing the current news about terror attacks with hostages ongoing in Mumbai India, is very distressing. Must there always be dreaded violence against innocent bystanders n freedom? How do people get brainwashed into carrying out these insane, bloody assaults? How can humans do such things?
I know I can't purposely hurt others, n for that, I'm very thankful.
-Turkey Day News could've been better...

8 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

I'm glad we got to visit, it's been far too long! i did try to call when we were home.. I remembered at 10:30.. but you're line was busy.. "she's online" I said to the hubby. lol..

Turkey's are on sale at stop and shop for .69/lb this week, so we bought 2. lol we'll make one tomorrow and prob one for christmas so the second one went in the freezer until then. I hope you enjoyed your cheesecake allergies as much as I did!! lol the pie was good too.

Glad to hear you made it home safe!

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Kush said...

Turkeys -- ne'er had one. Just saw them in Hollywood movies. lol. They seem quite lavish and yummy. Wonder how they taste.
Much of the operation I hear is over in Mumbai, the commandos are engaged in gun battle and hopefully it'll be over soon... The media is in a frenzy...

 
At 3:48 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, it was a good n tasty visit, n I'm still eating the stuff! I dropped some for BBM on the way to work. Thanks for the rolls n cheesecake to swoon for- Yep, was online awhile after a few calls I made- Thanks for making the long ride.

Rhett, Turkey is a great way to feed a large group of people. It's tastier than chicken, n the gravy, stuffing, n side dishes are great for meals the rest of the week-
It's a very large native bird of North America. Sometimes Thanksgiving is the only time I get to eat some. Hope you get to try it sometime- you'll like it!

I hope the troubles in your country soon clear up, n the bad apples are caught.

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I'm glad for you, after all those weeks of crazy-work it sounds like you finally got a relaxing break.

Potholes - they are a proud Canadian tradition. That's why I have to laugh here in Texas when they re-pave an already perfectly good pothole-free road. Man, if they only knew what a pothole was here...

Violence, the gift that keeps on giving unfortunately. But someday we shall live in peace.

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, Too bad crazy-work resumes the following day! I want the whole week off-
Too bad we can't siphon the road work bux there up to the frost-heaves zone!
Hatred is tough to cure. Think I'll listen to John Lennon again...

 
At 12:44 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

thanks for the dream works. may you sleep, since i am not..... hehe

 
At 1:34 AM, Blogger Buddy T. Doxie said...

Turkey ! ! ! I wich I had been sitting on your frount pourch to get a peace of that TURKEY,but I would have had to eat it there as Lucy & Roko would have stole it from me...
"Pal" would have taken a slice of that mouthe watering pie...lol
So glad your trip was ok..
See you soon Buddy,Lucy & Rocko

 
At 3:56 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

David, I hope restful sleep finds you soon.

Buddy, Thanks. Hope you get more goodies soon-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home