Sunday, November 09, 2008

Blue

photo by SnaggleTooth 2008
.
.
.
.
I haven't seen a pretty blue sky in awhile. I took this about a month ago. The weather has been dreary all week. Now that the time change is in effect back to Eastern Standard Time, usually it's already getting dark out when I head out to work. I'll have a tougher time getting out earlier for more daylight pics.
.
I got up late on Day Off. The movie "Armegedon" with Bruce Willis, Liv Tyler, n Ben Affleck was playing again. That movie is so emotionally charged, n I got sucked in for about the twentieth time yet again. "We win Gracey," I feel it everytime. A man who doesn't know how to fail, saves the planet with his personal sacrifice, so others may survive. The power of determination and love wins against long odds.
.
I feel so drained. I raked the drain outside so many times I can't count. The forest of leaves is all over the road. What a long work-week, second in a row going to complete exhaustion. Why do I keep doing this? I think I don't know how to quit. I should be lazy, but I'm not. I should get off my tired feet, but keep walking on the blisters. I should sleep the entire time off, but make myself get out the door for errands before places close to check them off the list.
.
The Energizer Bunny keeps going n going... I do too, until I'm allowed to collapse. Tomorrow another week of work begins with an early shift- One Day Off isin't enough to get to what I'd like to accomplish. Time is flying past me before I can catch my breath...

7 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I hope you are sleeping while I write this and dreaming happily.

I'm trying to type really really quietly so as not to wake you up. Did I do a good job?

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanFun, The typing didn't wake me, but the alarm did. Even tho I know I need to go to sleep earlier, my body won't cooperate. i've been having anxiety dreams again, darn!

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

praying God's peace and a deep rest upon you. your work is good, but your health/sanity is important too.

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

David, Thank you for your prayer. Everyone at work (Portuguese folks) think I'm crazy already- for working so hard!

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Kush said...

A hard-working blogger. OMFG! Blasphemy, I say!

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

I miss blue skies too.
One day, you will rest, but until then... work it girl!

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Rhett, Bloggers should be lazy, except in posting!

Xray, Workin it, Baby! Just wish I wasn't so burnt out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home