Saturday, June 21, 2008

Green

Green

Most of the local Buzz around here lately concerns the Celtics World Championship victory in Game six against the Lakers by 30+ points. The game was on the 17th n it was the 17th title won. (Last in '86). It's being called "Sweet Seventeen." .

.I wasn't really paying much attention all season until they made the playoffs. Remember back about World Series Baseball time I had the rally thought that I wondered if the Red Sox, Patriots, Bruins, n Celtics could all win big in the same sports year? Well two within a year of time is pretty decent, I think, with the other two major teams at least doing fairly well. .

Really, Boston teams all doing so well consistently is a recent phenomenon. We've been getting used to waiting for decades to see any action, now New England has become quite the sports hotspot. Being able to talk sports is a prerequisite to living here. .

Then there's depressing sports news that Schill (Mr. Bloody Sock) is going in for shoulder surgery to allieviate pain, n may be all done pitching. I hope he at least gets to coach- There's always Cape League Summer fun here where we see what college kids do with wooden bats just before drafting into the big leagues. .

Anyway, I hope the local sports successes continue to keep us entertained.

4 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Blogger Janus Torrell said...

I feel for having to wait years before getting there.

You see we are from Chicagoland area, and we wait centuries for Cubs to win the World Series.

let no one say me are impatient.

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Janus, Red Sox fans can sympathize well with what Cubs Fans feel. We were just like that before '04!
The difficult part is not giving up- You're way- overdue!

 
At 2:56 AM, Blogger flleenie said...

When I was watching the final playoff game between the Lakers & the Celtics, I saw the Celtics celebrating like they won when there was more than 5 minutes left in the game, I thought, "Why are you celebrating?" I am from Boston, and I know we should never do that. Then they won...Holy shit!

 
At 3:44 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Fleen, hard to believe they didn't jinx themselves doing that, isin't it? I also heard they changed over to second string players for the 4th because they were so far ahead.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home