Sunday, June 01, 2008

S l o w -

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2008
My Blogland, bloggers on blogger I've kept track of, have really slowed down to a crawl. Less seems to be written, less often, with less to report, n with noticeably much less commenting.
.
The Honeymoon is over for many, who are finding themselves in a blog-lull of non-writing, n non-reporting. Having already sounded off on hot-topics-to-you previously boiling over in the brain, n after a few years bloggers are getting tired of announcing standard holiday themes too.
.
After several years of writing so freely to the internet public at large, What more could there be to add, after all? Perhaps some people are just bored with their personal blogs, so onto the next new thing.
.
Without finding comments, I find, it's more difficult to feel rewarded online. Even so, I'm a patient participant, n continue on my blog, despite the slow traffic setbacks. I always did write for myself, n have always journaled.
.
This is a personal, ongoing project I enjoy conducting, no matter the slow pace of recognition. I find it interesting that I'm trying to be a personal blogger, who's remaining somewhat anonymous.
.
Many of the folks who read me now, actually know me personally, or have come to know me though ESR over time. Making so many friends all over the country n planet has been the best part of this now three years long chronicle. It's the why I keep trying, writing to remain connected to others. I write to prove my existence, n to reveal my nature. Writing comments to others posts I continue to do for the interactive give n take of the medium.
.
The checking in factor is appreciated, even when not commenting on the written post. It's good to know someone has taken the time to click you up. So many people are Lurkys lately. Taking rushed minutes to read quickly without logging in for comments.
.
The world of our Rat Race is so rushed thru lately, it's amazing any of us takes minutes out to blog, as it is... on a personal blog, for ourselves, n for our readers. Not for money, not for fame, but for fun, n connectedness. (N because we can)!
.
So Thanks for writing for me to read, n for reading for me to write!

13 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

I'm guilty. and I think the worse part is that because I read your blog primarily through my reader i don't know if you see the hit, or if it only counts when I have time to comment, my guess is the latter.

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

I too have a reader.

my inbox for email has slowed down as well, I think people are just out and about enjoying the weather!

Anyways Snagg, we loves you!

 
At 4:45 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, I don't have a meter, basically because my slower connection would get even slower. I don't know if readers count as a hit, either!

Xray, aha! Yes, email has lost it's novelty as well- except with spammers.

Lv-U 2!

 
At 1:43 AM, Blogger flleenie said...

I noticed that as well.

Even my Michele traffic has all but diminished!

 
At 2:24 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tan, see what I mean about spammers?

Fleen, this is definately more fun with more traffic. I'm surprised even Michelle's list is suffering!
http://micheleagnew.com/
(reader's check it out)

Maybe everyone is working so hard to pay the higher prices, they don't have as much time, n also may have lost their connection $$.
You have to tighten the belt somewhere...

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

sitting in a parking lot, using a laptop, to say, THANK YOU SO MUCH for visiting me and keeping up with my (almost silent) blog. thank you for praying. I love my life, I really do

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

David, I apreciate your contact as well. To think of all we'd miss out on here if the internet didn't exist in our lifetime- I thank God for it all the time!

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

I try to get around whenever I get the chance as well, and even go back and read through the ones that are posted days before.... problem is, once I get interested, the phone rings and I have to get back to "work".

Haven't commented lately, but it doesn't mean I don't miss you!

Enjoy the package I just mailed out to you today (6/6).... it should arrive by next week.

 
At 4:35 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellen, thankyou so much for your thoughtfulness! I know you're still there n very busy, so I understand. This is just different lately.
Yay, goodies! Thankyou-

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Skye said...

HOWDY!!! Yes Snaggle I am guilty of this slow down for more than one reason or another. Hopefully time has finally returned and I plan to read, write and comment more.

 
At 5:08 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Skye, good to finally hear from you again! Time to play in blogland helps- If you can't slow down in this heat, when can you? Yay to writing more!

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Janus Torrell said...

I'm just lazzzy. Hope to speed up again, that and I have been dealing with personal crap. lol

Keep the faith Snag.

 
At 5:10 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Janus, almost every human tends to be lazy most of the time.
I tend to fidget like my Dad used to tho-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home