Sunday, May 25, 2008

Mulch Mountain

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2008

It's saturday on Memorial Day Week-end on the Cape. The party people who've previously been reported to drive me crazy with noise are nowhere to be heard. This is highly unusual... Most folks must be saving their fuel bux for the 4th of July-

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2008.
There are some visitors around, but in my immediate nieghborhood, I can see only two more homes being occupied. The roads have seemed slightly busier, but it's not as busy as years past at this time. Alot of the regular townees have been out walking around in the warmer temps. We're used to feeling suddenly crowded in, n avoiding it all, but this first week-end of the summer season seems very calm.
.
It's good that I get to sleep before work, but unsettling that there's going to be a large economic impact on my home zone.
.
The shopping plaza had mountains of mulch to move with the little tractor back at the beginning of the month, to get ready for the summer crowds. Every time I see these images, I think of the mountains of chores I have to do...

5 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

it's sad to think of all the businesses that will be hurt by the cost of gas hitting everyone, but you also can't help but do a little happy dance for the nice touch of the quiet factor!

 
At 2:03 AM, Blogger Buddy T. Doxie said...

Well i kind of don't miss all the car's,all thay do is blow there horn's and that hert's my ears, I bark at them but thay just look at me and say"what a cute dog" Dog !! Dog !! don't thay know I am a Doxie,oh well thay are toriest...
Thay just come down to leave all there rubbish for us to fill up our land fill's...
Well you have a good day,and nice to see the nabors are not hear,soooes you can sleep... Buddy

 
At 4:43 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, I do like the quiet. Did you notice the fuel sign on pic one says $3.57- now it's $3.89 with the S&Scard.

Buddy, you think I'd be able to rest more, but my truck is giving me too many problems. Home later, leaving earlier.
Remember to bark at those rude tourists!

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

Your mulch mountains look like the ones here after the tornado blew through the backyard. For days one could only hear the whir of chainsaws and the busyiness of getting trees off houses, as well as the mulching process of what wasa left. Thank goodness for the Red Cross who got through the mess of tangled trees, power lines, and debris to bring water. What a mess!

As for the quiet on the Cape.... must be some kind of record. As I remember it, Memorial Day was the great kick-off to summer, and we could hardly wait to get to our cottage. The thought of jumping in the water at Swifts was only held at bay due to the amount of traffic headed to the bridges. Oh how I miss the Cape!

Hope you are well.... and I am going to get that bread to you soon!

Take care, sweetie!

 
At 3:05 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellen, Wow, one finally got that close? Sounds like a disaster zone- Glad you're OK- Hope your house didn't get much damage. There've been so many twister reports lately I can't keep them straight!
I wonder if there's a site with the list on it like the earthquake one...
Thanks for checking in, I've been wondering about you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home