Monday, June 09, 2008

Beach Bums

Photo by SnaggleTooth June 8 2008
Here's the first summer heat wave already! The water temps are still in the fifties-F tho- It's cooler here at home than everywhere else, but I had to go back to work into the baking heat. That AC is no doubt set at a higher temp than in the past, barely making a dent in the sweat factor.
.
I'm so pooped out this week. Too tired to mow the lawn, to do anything extra. Finally I got a new tire yesterday. After two stressful weeks wasting time without sleeping right, I need some down time. Tendonitis in one of my legs from extra cement pounding isin't helping, either. I wanted to post yesterday, but got so drowsy all of a sudden, I had to pass out.
.
Today before work, I washed the dust off a couple of house fans, a chore that couldn't wait another day. After getting in from work, I'm really glad to have them getting some of the cooler, early morning air in the house after being closed up all night. It's so sticky n humid without them.
Then I'll close up the windows n doors before the Sun heats up the outside again, n get much needed sleep. Maybe by next week, I'll get a few minutes to actually get my toes wet.
.
Don't roast or float away... I just heard about 29 counties in Indiana are flooded.
I wonder if I'll need to put up a tarp awning on the front again this summer- I'll have to if this heat keeps up. (Three days is long enough).
.
Here's to global warming (Boo~).

8 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

I hope you get lots of good rest and a chance to get those toes wet!

 
At 3:33 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Xray, Thanks... Only two more days left before free time, a late shift followed by an early shift-
but then will the weather cooperate?

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger flleenie said...

I like the pic...

Heard ya'll were getting 100+ temps up there this coming week...if so, sorry for your luck... at least down hear we have AC.

 
At 3:48 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Fleen, Yes, "heat wave" scientifically means 3 days in a row of +90F and we just had that.
Mind you, it's early June. I wonder what we're doing in August!
Some places further inland did hit over the 100 mark.

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Skye said...

Cool picture! We took a walk down by the river yesterday, nice and cool then the second we walked away the heat slapped us right in the face. Get some rest.:)

 
At 2:32 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Skye, We just finished up day 4 of 90 plus F. That's what it's like when I get away from the sea-breeze here. Somedays I'd rather stay home! Day Off yay!

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Did the weather cooperate?

 
At 5:15 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Janus, see the found lucky sea-treasure object in the post above. (Yep- but wasn't as hot). We had four boiling days, the fifth was Day-Off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home