Thursday, May 22, 2008

Shimmer

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2008
The way the water appears like dimpled glass in this shot really appeals to me. It was taken the same day as the previous pic, a few minutes later.
.
I may not get to see any sunshine later today, with the drizzly cloud-cover prevailing. I'm so beat from working early after previously working late, I could sleep for a week. Then our company's holiday week-end orders are going to be a mile deep, so everyone gets to either go in earlier or way later, then they'll all feel as bad as I do today.
.
Also not helping, I've caught the achy-bug thing going around this week, add-on the pollen head-ache n being dizzy from allergies, n I'm not up to the summer kick-off party at all! Maybe the neighbors won't be really loud yet n let me get some rest, but that would be unusual...
.
A big MAP-truck parked on the bamboo where the ball was hiding the other day. I wonder if I'll find it flat this week. I don't have any other plans this week-end, besides chores n trying not to spend any money again.
.
Back in the old days, I remember my mother insisting I attend a BBQ at her place every year on Memorial Day. Then we'd all walk down a few blocks from her house for the big, loud parade, with marching bands, muskets getting fired off, n the Elvis impersonator on the float. My ears always hurt after that! I had never imagined that I'd learn to cherish those memories, n that the yearly ritual would suddenly cease with the passing of my mother. I haven't gone to a parade in years.
.
Now I get to work most of the week-end, n just want to sleep!
Enjoy your BBQ's!

4 Comments:

At 4:34 AM, Blogger Buddy T. Doxie said...

Nice pic. & that achy-bug well I have clawes for that.....
yep miss the old day's You should drop over and see "Pal" and the rest of us,me I wish the sun would come out so I can lay out in the sun...& get a dog tan,miss you ... Buddy

P>S>
I posted on my blog today......

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

May you find peace in relaxing this weekend.

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

good luck with teh tourists this weekend! atleast the 'Ham still has a parade. My town doesn't.. I don't think anyway

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Buddy, thanks. I haven't had 2 days off in a row in over 6 months, which is why. One of these days I'll be over-
I want a tan, too!

Xray, thank you- wish I had it off of work-

MB, It's beginning to gear-up around here. Haven't seen a a town parade since you marched in it!
(Happy Day 2U)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home