Sunday, April 27, 2008

Bird Bath

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2008
We're still awaiting our April showers around here. The weather has been dry for several weeks, with the exception of a couple of foggy drives home in the early am last week.
.
Brush fires have been breaking out all over the place. Once the tree folliage comes in, the chances of those decrease. Of course, rain would help. Hopefully, we'll get some predicted showers in the next day or two. (The rain predicted for today dried up.)
.
On the East side of town, my friend at work reported a fire plane has been circling around every day over the state forest area near her house to keep an eye out.
.
The canoe pic was taken a couple weeks ago over by the other dingies behind the little playground at M-cove. The birds prob wish it was still full of that water now..
.
I've done alot of yard word, but still haven't gotten the hose turned on for the summer yet. I'll get to it soon. I'm fraid (superstitious) if I put the shovel, salt, coat, n gloves away for the season before May, I'll end up needing them. But leaving them out, will ensure I prob won't need them (due to Murphy's Law). In New England, you never can tell what'll happen.
.
Hang onto your tissues n eyedrops, here comes the tree pollen. The tree buds are just starting to produce. My allergy symptoms are getting severe already, slowing down my posting.

I'm so tired from taking benedryl now, I''m really having trouble typing. Think I'm turning in early.
.
Have a good (Ah-choo!) week-

5 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

Our leaves will be out soon as all the pollen thingies on the trees are out and wreaking havoc on everyone's sinus's.. we're a the point where everything is covered with the stuff.

it has been very dry here too with red flag warnings around for atleast a week. apparantly it rained a little over night, but not nearly enough or what we need to lift the warnings. I think it may rain some more. I can't complain except that our dryer is broke so we've been drying outside

 
At 3:57 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, I've been getting tons of laundry to dry quickly hanging up myself. The little sprinkles we had dried up very fast. At least the grass isin't too tall yet-

The fire horns for the volunteers have been going off several times a day lately-

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Buddy T. Doxie said...

Well your rain is hear.
When I go out to do my thing, It's out and back as fast as I can..lol
Have to drag my sis out, She is so scared to get her little paw's wet.. Now your grass will grow... haha
You have a great day...Buddy
"Pal" said,"Hi sexey"

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger flleenie said...

we got a few showers with a little cold front, so it is about 65 outside right now. But the nice thing was there was almost no humidity today. I hope it stays that way tomorrow. My prayers to the people in VA where the twisters hit yesterday.

 
At 2:47 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Buddy, n when it rains, it pours... Still trying to get the puddle out of my truck cab from coming home from work the other day. Mischief won't go out in the rain, either. Now I hafta mow the lawn.

Fleen, Rare to have no humidity there. 65 is summertime here, we're back to cold this week. I heard about the VA tornadoes, but didn't see much footage. No one deserves that catastrophy. Bless the victims.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home