Friday, January 25, 2008

Put Off

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2008 ...
...
I'm Still alive, somewhat.
...
Another day when I'm so exhausted I can't seem to accomplish enough before running out of free time again. The places I should go for errands are all closed for the day, so procrastination reigns, irking the heck outa me.
...
The only one pushing myself along is myself, n I'm one determined guppy trying to take over the entire sea. A little bit of kelp is getting into my path, slowing me down, too.
...
At work folks always try to figure out why I'm always in a hurry, n why I always do my best. Some claim it doesn't matter, or I shouldn't care. But it does, n I do care, because it matters to me what I do n how I do it. I'm always trying to improve the semantic flow. I'm really not trying to impress others, I want to impress myself.
...
I'll bash a leg, hit an elbow, or get some other nasty injury, never make a sound, n just continue on, no matter how much it smarts. I've claimed in the past that some one could shoot me, n I'd probably keep right on going.
...
It's not that I don't feel the pain. It's that the pain didn't stop me. I've been through so many painful things, physically n emotionally in my life, that it would take something pretty big to stop me from trying.
...
There are people where I work now who I've worked with at other places before. One is a woman from my software production days, who always used to ask me, "Where's the fire?"
...
Finally getting older herself, she understands my standard answer to her question now, which is: I point to my heart and boldly state, "Right here, the fire is right here!"
...
The abilities of the human body are truelly amazing. I'd never realized I'd be able to do so much for my size and age. The body grows stronger the more you work it. Strength n endurance, as well as grace in constant motion, are qualities I currently possess n don't wish to relinquish due to aging.
...
I'm short in stature compared to most other humans around me. This may've played a role in shaping my determination, n doesn't stop me, either. But it does give me a certain critical viewpoint.
...
What I can't stand, are folks who fail to understand how much more difficult tasks can be for me than for taller them. Tables, counters, shelves, are all standardized to inconvenient heights for me. With the amount of movement involved in my current work activities, I constantly have to lift my arms. While others are actually resting their shoulders, mine are getting zero rest for hours on end.
...
So I feel a reluctance to lift up my arms when I don't need to. The burning of an arthritic rotator cup in the winter chill is beginning to snow on my toboggan run, slowing me down, which I hate! Yep, those "sore arms" are caught up to me today.
...
Outdoors there's only a few flurries in the dark here on the Cape, with another West Canadian bitter cold snap paying a visit right now.
...
Everyone needs to slow down every once inawhile...

2 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

Many people have a slacker attitude for work. They think that since they don't get paid much they shouldn't work hard. It reminds me of a Proverb, I forgot which one, that says "Work hard and become a leader, be lazy and become a slave."
Your hard work will pay off Snagg, painful shoulders and all.

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Xray, I agree most folks are as slow as they can get away with at work. You don't last long where I work unless you keep up, though.
With osteo-arthritis, the less you move, the less you can- n staying mobil is important to me.
Most folks don't believe all I can do in one day...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home