Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Nailed

I feel like a dweeb for reporting we got over a foot of snow here yesterday, because I haven't got any pics of it for you here yet! Right around the canal zone hit the jackpot compared to surrounding areas.
...
The bulk of the accumulation hit while I was working, before 3 am. I had to shovel a pile higher than my trucks rear bumper to get out of the parking space. Then after I got back home, I had to clear enough footage for my truck to get in the driveway, while it waited blocking the narrow road. The plow stuff was up to my thigh. It was cold in the teens F with a gusty drifting wind piling some places higher than others. I finished up shoveling at about 5 am, not quite yet sunrise.
...
Trying to wake up today before work was terrible- So stiff, I could barely move. I got up later than usual, n was rushed to get out the door. I didn't get outside before sundown (so no pics).
...
Today the snow has settled a bit lower, though still about knee-deep out front here. I've had my quota of shoveling for the week... sandwiched between work shifts. All the kids in town had a snow-day. Of course I have to wait a few more days for time off again.
I wonder how sore I'll be for Day Off this week...

5 Comments:

At 6:56 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

some good snow.. but it sucks that the timing was bad and really cold.I suppose coming home from work and shoveling is better than waking up and getting ready for work, not realizing it had snowed while you were sleeping.

I was stiff too last night becuase I had gone out to do field work, sampling surface water, and fell on some ice.. fell flat on my ass and back and bonked my head (but not hard)... the ice was hidden under about 1/2 an inch of snow.. apparently the brook flooded an area that is normally land, so at least I knew it was deep or that I was going to fall through.

I haven't been able to sleep well for several weeks now b/c the baby not only has been suffereing from a double ear infection, but has been throwing up (last week, several days) and got a new tooth too.

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

Aww... I have some Motrin and a heating pad here for you. Hope you feel better, and actually get to enjoy the snow, not just shovel it.

And Milk brain I hope the baby feels better soon.

 
At 4:55 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, now that you mention it, the weather never surprizes me like that, cause the am news is on before I go to sleep!
Ugh! I hope there's no lasting back problem there- ice will do it. Don't become a popsicle- we had one in Whitman this week-

Hope Li gets better quick 4U-
I wear the fleece ear-band, does the trick for me, tho I'm sure he'd toss it right off-
Also don't get any bathwater in his ears- Poor guy!

Xray, mmm heating pad... I just have hot-water bottles, less convenient. It is the cold doing me in! Of course 20 bux to pay someone else would be good too!

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger flleenie said...

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...there, I mean.
From what I hear it's been a cold & snowy winter for you this year! Right now I'm wearing shorts & a t-shirt. Our windows are open to let in some fresh air.

Just a little rub in...

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Fleen, Yeah, but it's pretty in the snow, isin't it? Plus, there are Zero insects to be alergic too. It's nice n quiet without tourists here, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home