Saturday, January 12, 2008

DinghySpeak

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2008
...
...
"Hey GreenSix, I can see ya over there. How's it going?"
...
"I didn't know you were awake, GreyEight. It's getting pretty late in the day."
...
"Yeah, it'll be a long night. I see your Captain was too lazy to flip you over again!"
...
"Cappy had alot of clams in his basket today, and was so sore from all the mud-claw digging, he forgot all about it. It's real cloudy out, too. Looks like rain! Sigh."
...
"Maybe he wants the rain to wash the mud out so he doesn't have to."
...
"I wish he'd take better care of me, he is really lazy when there's no immediate payment involved. At least he tied me to my little sign-pole this time so I don't float away again..."
...
"It's about time the Harbor Master finally lifted the Shell-fishing ban! That orange warning sheet isin't tacked up to the placard anymore, now that it's just us townees, and the littering tourists have all been gone awhile."
...
"I'm sure glad there's a reason to get out around the coves again, myself."
...
"I hear ya, it's good to rest for the night, but I can't stand watching the tides come in and out, without ever getting into our saltwater all month!"
...
"For shore!"
...
"Uh-o! Hang onto your paddle, GreenSix, here comes those seagulls again!"
...
"Aw, come on! Please miss me this time you pesky, messy, fly-by bombs."
...
"I'm glad to be hull up for this round. Sorry about your sore, sandy Keel."
...
"It would serve Cappy right, if I spring a leak and he has to bail me out to get back here with those heavy clams next ride out!"
...
"Time for my nap now, Better luck tomorrow, small craft!"
...
"Talk to you later, GreyEight-footer. Stay afloat!"
...
"...Shore snore..."

7 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Blogger ZoeyBella said...

Hehehe... boat talk... funny stuff :)

 
At 3:34 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Thanks Zoey, this is a writing excercise. Find a photo, take two inanimate objects, n figure out what they would say. I always think of what boats are saying. I used to repair them!
A laugh is always worth it-

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

yay - the writer lives and breathes.

clams sound really good about now, maybe even some chowder....

thank you so much for your visits

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

David, I am somewhat alive, n unfortunately, I can't eat sea food due to the pesky allergies. But go ahead n have yourself some great chowder. Your very welcome, n thanks for your visits, too!

 
At 3:18 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

BTW readers, the second line of the sign in the photo reads "VESSEL NO WAKE ZONE" which inspired my story line.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

blue bunny is napping and snoring at this very moment too!!

xo

 
At 3:00 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, I always hear a loud, raspy snore when I read "Shore snore" myself! I already told BB to wake up! at your place- Try rolling him over, keel up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home