Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Powdery Frigid Crystals

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2007

Overnight we got an inch of snow!
...
All week it's been required long-underwear weather here, in the teens n 20's. The Cape finally got some of the ocean-storm precip that's been backing mostly into Maine from the Atlantic.
...
At midnight I got to clean off the truck windows before going home early.
They let me out for a Jury-duty call. Back in March on the night before, the Jury Commish cancelled it on me, but this time was a "go."
...
I had a tough time getting to sleep 'cause usually I'm still working at that hour. Waking up after only two hours of sleep was a major challenge, too.
...
Never mind staying awake during hurry-up n wait-around in a small, crowded room all day, during my normal sleeping-hours. The chairs were not comfortable for me, n my eyes were too sore to keep reading, which was the popular main activity. I counted five people getting in naps while I was fighting with my sore parts to stop complaining.
The only small-talk engaged in during the nothingness concerned how the Patriots let the last football game Sunday slip from their control. Everyone is still depressed about being let down.
...
My number was middle-range. After empaneling a couple of six-person juries, they stopped filling seats on the number directly ahead of mine! What luck! (Note: I wouldn't mind doing it in more rested condition, but I mind like this).
...
TG I got to go home without having to go to work for the night. Rest-up time much needed, round two coming up very soon on the docket.
...
On the way home I stopped again at my fav beach for a "Jette in the Snow" shot in the overcast daylight. There were tons of geese n gulls hanging out at the water's edge, too. I didn't disturb them from keeping their seats warm.
...
The inch of snow is shrinking away already. Normally there's some large ice flows in the water by now. Maybe after another deep-freeze week of Artic air.

11 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Blogger Michael K. Althouse said...

There's something surrealistic about snow on the beach. Maybe it's because in California, we never get snow on the beach. It's still snow, though... and I L-O-V-E the snow!

mike

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

you got more snow than we did.. ! we got a covering.... the most so far this season.

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

Yay! No snow here! Lots of rain, and dreary weather, but still functionable to drive in. Already the Red Bud trees have started to bloom out, and various other flowers keep sneaking through. I'll be real disappointed if we get that freeze we always get in winter (February), and it takes it all away. They only bloom once a year, and I can't bear to think of our Spring without flowers.

Hope you are staying warm in your arctic blow-in!

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger X said...

Rock on to the snow....I'm loving it and I hope we get more!!

 
At 4:10 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Mike, I've always liked snow on the beach. I'm waiting for some built up ice flows, which are dangerous n look cool-
Not enough snow for skiing here yet...

MB, I thought you had more than that... it's mostly melted away already- darn! (except my yard as usual)

Ellen, I wonder if we'll end up with colder June n July because of this "winter delay." I hope the further deep-freezes will miss HotLanta so you can enjoy the blossoms. Send them up here where they belong!
Tea n hot water bottles save me from freezing. Work is very warm in most spots too-

K, I hope so too! You got more than us, lucky you!

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Nice shot. I can't stand jury duty, I won't jinx myself any further.

We're expecting some wicked low temps here in PA tomorrow, like -5 or -10 with the wind chill.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, JD is so boring- but it beats paying a $2k fine! What I object to is being forced to miss my reg sleep hours. Whatever happened to Night-Court? That was a cool show, too!
The NorthEast is getting zero cold tonight. All I got planned for our 10F degree day tomorrow is minimal errands n hibernation!
Those cheap heat pacs work well... like my multible hot water bottles-
Stay warm!

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger honkeie said...

all this talk of cold things make me want to light myself on fire!

 
At 4:34 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Honk, sitting next to the fire works better!

 
At 2:06 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

i love that picture, winter at the beach -

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

David, thanks! I've been waiting for a decent snowfall for more "snow on the beach" takes, but no more luck yet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home