Monday, September 18, 2006

Location Is Everything

Here's a view down to Lake Winnepesaki from the Steele Hill location where I went to a wedding Saturday early evening. It was sunny n in the 80's all afternoon, just perfect for the out-door plan. I'd arrived a few hours early n enjoyed the quiet scene here before the party began.

Photo by SnaggleTooth




Photo by SnaggleToothHere's a wedding party waiting to begin in the middle of nowhere! Actually the green stuff belongs to the Golf Course (notice the yellow flag?).

Photo by SnaggleTooth
Here's a quick shot of the (laid-back) ceremony scene. The early evening low-angle sun made pics a bit difficult. When the couple returns from St. Martin I'm going to try to get a copy of the nifty n unusual Apache wedding vows they included.
...
...
Well, I'm wiped!
2 hours of sleep before the long drive home, then I found out I was mis-takenly scheduled to work tonight (instead of getting the requested day off).
So I rushed off to work n just got home... It's been a long-haul!
Better get those zzz's before they dissappear again. (*-y-a-w-n-*)!
... =============================================== ...
...
UPDATE:
................. Apache Blessing

“Now you will feel no rain, for each of you will be shelter for the other.
Now you will feel no cold, for each of you will be warmth to the other.
Now there will be no loneliness, for each of you will be companion to the other.
Now you are two persons, but there is only one life before you.
May beauty surround you both in the journey ahead and through all the years.
May happiness be your companion and your days together be good and long upon the earth.”

“Treat yourselves and each other with respect, and remind yourselves often of what brought you together. Give the highest priority to the tenderness, gentleness and kindness that your connection deserves. When frustration, difficulties and fear assail your relationship, as they threaten all relationships at one time or another, remember to focus on what is right between you, not only the part which seems wrong.
In this way, you can ride out the storms when clouds hide the face of the sun in your lives -- remembering that even if you lose sight of it for a moment, the sun is still there. And if each of you takes responsibility for the quality of your life together, it will be marked by abundance and delight.”

5 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

looks like you had a good time, and that the wedding went well! which is always important. when did you find out you had to work? b/c that's really mean of them. what if you weren't home at all? life sucks sometimes

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

I am so sorry I wasn't around to wish you a safe trip, but am glad to hear it was a wonderful day and time. Also glad you were able to get away to enjoy a party... only too bad the scheduling of work interrupted your mini vacation.

I know the area well, as it wasn't too far from where I used to live. Did you know that they filmed the movie "On Golden Pond" there? The optical company I used to work for at the time made the glasses that Henry Fonda wore.
It is beautiful land and water, especially in the fall with all the colors.

Glad you were able to spend some time in the country, and very glad to hear you did make it home safely. How is work holding up after the fire?

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, they do know how to throw a party! There's way funnier pics I won't post... Even Big-W had fun. They all say "Hi." Did ya see Dani next to the evergreen wearing lt-grn?
The phones were broken all day when I tried to get the new schedule, but they called me 1/2 hour after I was late- would've had a short week n in trouble for their error. My work life sux alot-

Ellen, there ya are! Bet you've been very busy. The schedule snafu made me only get 6 hours of sleep in 3 days- that's why I asked for the needed time off a month in advance in writing (for nothing)! This is what I mean by unable to plan anything... I'm pretty irritated!

It's been awhile since I've seen that Fonda film. Interesting specks info! I'd say only about <10% turned foliage there so far. With scenery like that, who needs a TV?

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger X said...

That looks like a pretty landscape for a wedding. I've always wanted an outdoor wedding...although the way things are going, that won't be for a while! LOL

Get those Zzz's! You need and deserve them!

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

OilF, It was pretty (after I cropped out all the incringing construction in the wider pic, that is-
Don't worry, ya got some time left(maybe next year...)

Got in a quality 4 hours, yippie! They do like to run away, like in the tv commercial-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home