Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Colder Outside n Warmer Inside

Last night at about 9:30 pm. on my day off, I got a phone call from a friend with a police scanner telling me my place of work had a fire! I listened to the communications over the phone for about a half-hour until I was satisfied that no one got hurt.
...

In particular I was wondering about my co-worker friend who'd just come back from vaca time off. Something has been screwy all week-end with the very large machine we both work on, n some of the orders never were produced because of these glitches for the first time since I started there. This place supplies our product daily to many stores on the Cape.
...
So my co-worker sent me an email today confirming that it was our machine that over-heated and burst into flames! Everyone got out OK, n damage wasn't too extensive due to the sprinkler system n the fact the building is concrete. They let people back into the building after it was aired out n inspected to clean-up.
So I wonder what I'll do when I go back in tomorrow- how long it'll take to fix the machine. You bet I'm going to be paying real, tight, attention to the warning signs this round!
...
Today I've had a bad stomache all day, don't even want my soup!

5 Comments:

At 1:40 AM, Blogger X said...

Thankfully no one was hurt....and luckily it was your day off so you weren't there! That is very freaky that it was your machine though. Do you think they'll let you off for a week (paid) while they clean up or just ask you to do something else? I hope you get paid vacation! :)

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

OilF, my company is so cheap they don't give out any paid time off- apparently they got the machine up n running again for tonight, darn! They kinda need that machine for their trademark product (can't mention it-)

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

I am only too releived that you weren't at work ......and that no one got hurt either!
Yikes.... what a mess, and what cheapos for not getting it checked more often. That could be a complaint for OSHA.

So sorry to hear about your stomach problems. As a life-long stomach sufferer, I feel your pain. Chamomile tea, sweetie... I might just have to send a box along with the bread heading your way! Hope you feel better soon!

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - OMG!!! Sorry to hear about the fire! Hope your stomach is doing better.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At 5:01 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Thanks for all your well-wishes!

Ellen, was a pretty bad bug- even water n tea didn't stay down-
Osha really doesn't do more than a small slap on the hand, they already do health Dept, corporate, n osha inspections.

Neo, alot of people were flipped out about the experience, they all described it to me tonight. Some people don't deal with panic well!
I'm greatful to still have a job-

n yes, my belly is now accepting a little food- whew! Tough to do physical work without it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home