Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Time Off Finally

Photo by Snaggle Tooth from the village pier
Quote of the day n for all the ages:
...

"All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsion, habit, reason, passion, and desire."
...
- Aristotle
384 BC - 322 BC

...
I think he left out "stupidity" n "the ability to move n speak" ...
...
The stupid thing I did this week was let a manager talk me into coming in for a late half-day on my day off, for an eighth day in a row (split pay-week) because some one had quit. I ended up getting involuntarily roped into another nine-hour-shift without having brought my second water bottle or any food. I finally got out at five am., too fried to do anything during daylight hours on this (would've been my second) day off. Then I got screwed out of overtime pay for the day by being told I already had too much for the week n have to take a different previously scheduled day off. GGggrrrh!
...
It's bad enough they keep switching which days I get off every week, so I can't make any plans with anyone, but I can't even count on the scheduled days they give me on paper which are received only one day prior to the begining of the next week!
...
It'll prob be awhile before I give in to that particular plea for help again.
It was one of my most frustrating days there yet. The topper was nothing needed was where it belonged in order to do the job efficiently, cause I didn't get to set-up the work area n came in later on, n at the end I had to clean up a huge mess I didn't make, which had I been on that position, wouldn't have been so bad. The new people there who were supposed to clean that area just left, obliviously assuming they were done without asking.
...
Not remotely the easy, short, day I was talked into!
...
This evening there was a red-ball gorgeous sunset goin on. I drove down to the Maritime Academy after errands to take some new pretty shotz, then I realized the instant-cam's auto-flash kept going off n don't know if any of them will come out! I wasn't trying to turn the button on, so guess that's why it was so cheap... next time I'll tape something over the bulb- but I bemoan missed great photo ops!
Never mind the wasted time n energy issues.
...
I hope your week is goin way better than mine,
(n mine starts gettin better) !

8 Comments:

At 3:57 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

that stinks about work. atleast you got to see a nice sunset.

i've been busy working like mad this week. i've been doing some office work this week down at C21 b/c the office assitant is out on vacation, and my boss there offered me a 5 hour/wk job doing shit around the office. i can't remember when i've worked this much. i will have friday off tho. atleast it's one day, but then i'm in the office sat until 3, and i'm doing an open house on sunday and then back to work as normal next week, and i've worked everyday this week as well, except for the previously mentioned friday this week. the office work is fine,i don't mind that at all.. makes the day go by fast and i'm getting paid for it, so it's not like i'm doing work for free.

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, I am more sore than you can imagine- I still think I deserve to get paid the OT for that day!
wow, you're doing office stuff? At least you're getting paid finally! You're up very early!
It's almost my bedtime. The sun-rises have also been red the past 3 days- (sailor take warning)

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

i hope your gets better right now
mine is slow, and that is frustrating. i would rather have too much work, than not enough, I cant get what the message is, am I supposed to be doing charity work? voluntering? writing more ( yes ) ? who knows....
peace

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

David, Thanks, I need the slow you got there- n more writing time myself. I think I need to finish begun projects n get them out to be perused n sold/published, no energy left tho- (don't know but suspect my message is similar to yours)

 
At 2:08 AM, Blogger Michael K. Althouse said...

Hmmm, too much of anything is not good. I'm in Louisiana tonight and heading to Mississippi tomorrow. All that means is that there is that much more writing to do. Some is on my last post, but really I could write a book.

~Mike

 
At 4:32 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Mike, The summer season will be done very soon here, TG-
I always need more time to write. Happy travels n safe home!

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

Those few precious moments off are usually spent fixing up the other stuff you never quite get around to during the regular workweek... and then they pass off too quickly anyway. Geez... if only they could invent a way for stuff to get done by themselves so that we could all enjoy lovely sunsets at the end of the day.

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellen, Ya, I need a clone or a couple robotz to do all this stuff for me... Oh wait, why don't I just send them off to work for me?!
Amazing I get anything done, the backlog gets deep!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home