Sunday, February 05, 2006

Extra-Large...

SuperBowl XL Sunday
...
After 2nd Quarter at half-time
Seattle SeaHawks ....3
Pittsburg Steelers ..7
...
I'm VHS taping the game n commercials to see again later for fun. Got tapes for the past 15 years, cause it's fun to study the Ads (for film studies), n run 'em in reverse n slow-mo for morphs n dissolves. I've done tapings of the Superbowl ever since since college. I never really watched allotta foot-ball til the Patriots got big in recent years, out-side of past High School games, n past Super-Bowls that is. Yes, I got Janet J fallin outa her "wardrobe malfunction!
...
I'm still here, just haven't had blog-time at all this week again. Behind readin on everyone's, in case you're wondering... n can't comment half the time when there anyhow, cause keyboard keeps freezin up n then "Selective Science" (see old post below) n re-bootin's just too time consuming... I don't have 2 hours to check email n answer commentz everyday! That's how long the last time took!
So here I am running in Safe Mode (n scanning yet again). At least the keyboard is doing better this way! Taking me forever to fix this puter, cause it's so slow! I'm slow lately too, been very tired out!.

...
Baby-sat awhile today, that was fun! Baby James is 1 year n a month old, n speaks alotta words pretty well! He's got "cat" n "kitty" down pretty well. Again I put off more that I need to do on the priority list, like fix the machine up here...
Looked last night n this am for hours going through the VHS pile trying to find the kid's fav movie n couldn't find it of course til the pressure was off after he left... then there it was! That does it, decided to label the kid-G boxes anyhow.
Didn't plan to do anything done this week-end so far...
...
Well, the Rolling Stones just finished "Satisfaction" at the Half-time show. Not too bad for a tune which has been re-hashed over 4 decades now, n a few tiny twists added to update it. I often think how bored I'd get if I hadta play the same worn-out tunes all the time... (we should all be so lucky)!
...
Fast Willie just got a 75 yard TDfor the Steelers!
SeaHawks....3
Steelers...14
...
Well, just had a bunch of text dissapear right here, after leaving safe mode to go online... then keyboard was off again in middle of new post edit... so aggrivating!
...
Ticked off now cause I just found out I wasn't recording from half-time to 4 min left of the 3rd Quarter! Argh! First time that got messed up at the 2nd tape-switch point... didn't wait to see the rec light on... darn! that means I didn't get the Clydesdale foal trying to pull the big wagon one... Grrhhh
3rd
SeaHawks...10
Steelers...14
...
Wonder if I'll get to score update after the game...
At least ya all know I'm still alive... !
...
4th 8:56 to go another TD over 40 yards
SeaHawks...10
Steelers...21
...
...
The Steelers got it...
there'll be a party in Pittsburg!

10 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

I didn't watch the superbowl... just not a football fan here. They just rehashed some of the commercials from it on GMA, and I got to see the baby Clydesdale pull the wagon.... that was pretty cute! If they could find a way to do just the commercials without the game, I would have tuned in.

It's funny how they picked the Stones to do the half-time show?
Collectively they are over 250 years old.... but I'm still a fan!
Nothing like a classic.

Also, I think it's great that baby James has a good handle on his vocabulary. That will be so important when it comes time to enter school. I read to Chris everyday (and night) and his vocabulary was/is immense. Now the math skills.... that's another story. (and they place so much importance on math here.)

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - And the bowl trophy comes to PA!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Using up the words.... said...

Hey Snaggle ~

Thought it was funny that we should be thinking the same thing about Neo. hehehe. :)
I was hoping that your machine would be behaving itself by now. I guess it doesn't help when blogger goes down too. What would we do without it though?

I forgot all about superbowl this past weekend. I normally go and find a bar that plays it - though they don't play the ads here. And lest face it, they really are the best part of the game! ;)

Did I just say that?

Hope you are well!! Take care.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Jinsane said...

The baby Clydesdale was the best one! I almost shed a tear!

I know how aggravating computer problems can be. It sure does take the fun out of the blogging, doesn't it?

 
At 1:46 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellen, I always wanna make just a tape of the commercials. At least there's fast-forward for the betweens with the tape.
Turns out the "safe" Stones act was censored for vulgarity 3 times according to ABC news.

Neo, I bet ya partied early, didn't ya..

Hi CJ, there ya are. I'm just slow trying to get the machine chores executed cause I'm now tied up away most days. making slow progress tho. Wish ya coulda seen all the clydesdale spots they ran...

Jins, ya I'm bummin about missin the tape on that one!
Actually it's amazing I can blog at all. I just keep pluggin away- but I'm sure what I'm doin would only take you people about 10 minutes to my 2 hours!

thanks for the visits!

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

it's funny that you titled your blog "exra-large".. lol... well for the first few minutes of the games during roll call i was wondering why everyones jersey's said "XL"/ x-large on them... a few minutes later they said the magic words "superbowl 40"... aha! that's why.. i had no idea it was number 40, that's how much we follow football over here...

my favorite commercials were the disappearing fridge and the sheep streaker... they were hilarious... leave it to budweiser

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

Snaggle- The "safe" Stones had 3 infractions? Wow, I wonder who they'll pick next year.

It seems (from what I've been told) that the people who were allowed onto the field during half-time could be no older than 40.... I guess they thought the 40 year olds didn't have enough stamina to stand that long (what 30 minutes or so?).
Maybe next year they'll pick the Muppet band... that ought to be safe enough for them.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Oh yeah, my party started around 6pm on Friday. ;)

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger X said...

I;m not a huge football fan anymore.....but I just popped in to say hi! :)

So, hi! :)

 
At 1:19 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Sorry I hadta wait so long to RE commentz here folkz... went to do it 2 days ago, but didn't have time to reboot 10 times so stopped after 5, til today-


MB, Thanks for noticing I was tryin to be funny...
ya I was one of the only kids in School who always understood n used Roman Numerals back in the old XIXMLXX 's, but XL always reminds me of t-shirts!
I wasn't as impressed with the brave naked sheep as you were! Ya liked the revolving fridge wall, eh? -"hey, where'd all the beer go? Der" I'm still perusing the tape...

Ellen, Guess they wanna keep the ugly, grey baby-boomers off camera, kinda insulting isn't it?
They had Sir Paul McCartney last year so they can't do that again... Muppets seem to be the safest I can think of too...


Neo, Glad ya had a good time! I'll be over to blogacatchup soon...

Left Field, Hi, sorry I'm so bloglax lately... n lucky for you football is over til next fall..
I hope to have lotsa good blizzard blog time this week-end, if the power co-operates!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home