Thursday, April 14, 2016

Spring Marathon

Image by SnaggleTooth April 2016

 It's that crazy week again. Tax-Deadline, Marathon Monday, n add-on Patriots Day in Massachusetts on a long- week-end. Mobs will visit the Eastern part of the state, n work-orders North near Beantown will sky-rocket. At dawn there's a re-enactment in Lexington (P-interest site) of the first "Shot Heard around the World" from the Revolutionary War for the State Holiday.

Image by SnaggleTooth April 2016

 I did a great job of procrastinating on filing State Taxes Which I have to make a payment on, due to Health Care obligation laws changing. Hopefully tonight I get the forms filled in correctly by hand from a previously figured out copy a bit neater.

Image by SnaggleTooth April 2016

Finally we got some clear weather days here to get to garden chores. Today was still pretty windy n cold tho -

Image by SnaggleTooth April 2016

On my walk home from the library I always pass this garden spot by the walkway. The Daffodils were so pretty before it snowed. Now two weeks later, they don't look as happy...

Image by SnaggleTooth April 2016

But I got some fun images without even altering the pretty one first!

Image by SnaggleTooth April 2016

Makes a lovely wreath.
Photo by SnaggleTooth April 2016

Before...
Image by SnaggleTooth April 2016

After -

(Kinda like runners after the Marathon...) 

Image by SnaggleTooth April 2016

The other pics are made from another windowsill view.
 After that snow, I felt I deserved another tiny cheer-up container of red mini-roses. There are seeds planted in small pots in the other window. Some Basil already sprouted. Hopefully I can put some out in the garden. Still waiting on the Petunias.

Image by SnaggleTooth April 2016

Need to search for the seed pile from the old house - in here somewhere. Maybe next week- Taxes in the mail first.

Image by SnaggleTooth April 2016

Hopefully the Boston Marathon goes by without major incident. They are supposed to do some filming of extras for the new Mark Wahlberg film, "Patriots Day" too. I get to miss out on all the fun n work all week-end anyhow.

At least spring has started running...

Photo by SnaggleTooth April 2016





7 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger Tabor said...

Spring comes and goes so fast it seems. Maybe not because we just are so addicted and do not want it to end.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Love your windowsill! So cheery.

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Very strange tax deadlines this year. Mass has Patriot's day and DC has a holiday, so the deadlines are 4/18 & 4/19 respectively.

Father Nature's Corner

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Oh your altered photos get more and more exciting. They truly thrill me.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, up in New England, it's an in then out situation for months with spring! Tree blossoms on apple / cherry trees just budding now- Was frozen here this am, now over 65F. I always love spring plants appearing, each time.

Lynn, Thanks , definitely worth a couple dollars to see the flowers every day, I think.

G.B., yes, as late as it gets here- but I want to avoid last minute lines so I picked Friday to mail. All the dough is about to get sucked out of the bank again, n it's been so difficult to save up!

Gran Annie, It's as I suspected - They are addictive to me also! I do love the shapes n color combos I'd otherwise never think up! Thanks for being a fan.

 
At 3:29 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I always think that about daffodills, they look so beautiful but so quickly change and look a tatty old mess! :D

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, They are bright bloomers, but deflate so fast! A welcome sight after winter anyhow- Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home