Thursday, March 24, 2016

Fogwetting

Image by SnaggleTooth March 2016

 I'm having "The brain can't keep up week." I'm still waiting to get time off I asked for weeks ago, but other folks there have better reasons to bump me back, I guess. (like medical emergencies).

 The  Brussels attack thing just has me in flash-backs of what it was like to hear about 911 n the Boston Marathon events, feeling for people's trauma without being able to do anything about it but pray.  

Image by SnaggleTooth March 2016


I've been so forgetful this week. I'm always in a rush n can't go back- too. I forgot to bring my phone when leaving for the day three times this week. The charger zone is too far from the door, so I don't have a visual reminder before locking up n leaving.


Image by SnaggleTooth March 2016

The tough day was the one I forgot to take my wallet out of the old pants the night before, n didn't realize until almost at the store that I had no money, ID of any kind, or a phone to help ID myself. I had to continue onward to get to work. I cancelled the errand stop, n wrote a note for my pocket about someone to call in case of emergency, taking a long time to recall a non-cell number without the contact list you don't need to memorize anymore, because of the phone doing it for you.


Image by SnaggleTooth March 2016
 I got thru my work-week at least- Now on Day Off. Then I noticed the time swipe card in my pocket. Now I have to call the boss n explain I forgot to punch out, n took the card by accident. Yikes! You know you're working too hard when you do this stuff unconsciously...

It was the same workday a supervisor threw a box in the storage area, which fell off a shelf then hit the fire-box alarm- pull station, which went off. It's really loud, with flashing lights. The fire department comes automatically n has to check n re-set it. So we all shut off our food machines n filed outdoors to wait. At least it wasn't freezing or rainy, n still light out.

Image by SnaggleTooth March 2016

It could've been a better break, but I was the last one out n had to hold open the self-locking, outer door for access to the fire-system reset box.

It took awhile for the inspection n reset. When I had to wave everyone back in, I got silly, kept waving n I said "Thank you for evacuating,. Have a nice work-day, n Thank God you didn't go to Brussels today! Happy Flying" I felt like an airline stewardess (In the "Airplane" film). Everyone was giggling on the way back in.


Image by SnaggleTooth March 2016

Life may go on, but I'm always affected.  Perhaps I watched the show "M*A*S*H" too much in my childhood.


I broke down n got a bluish friend to keep the reddish Violet company n to cheer me up.
That's a little solar-motion conductor from the Dollar Tree

Photo by SnaggleTooth March 2016

4 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Blogger Tabor said...

Hope you get your well-earned vacay soon. YOu very much deserve it.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Whew! If it was going to happen to someone it was going to happen to you. Hope you get some good R&R soon.

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Hope you get some rest soon, Snaggle.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, finally got a few days, n nice out too- Thanks.

Gran Annie, more sitting down but still alot of noise around here. Not getting out much, but yep, love not being rushed! Thanks

Lynn, Am getting some this week, want more tho- Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home