Thursday, March 10, 2016

Lichen

Image by SnaggleTooth March 2016

 Last Week:

Winter is showing
Up in spring.
Out of Season
Is the thing...


That's normal now,
Fire-nados true.
Nature's reason -
Give a clue.

Strong wind is blowing
Down tempo brings
In so freezin'
Icy stings.


I so miss my cove sunset pic walks. Once in a blue moon walking home from the library I can see a few pretty clouds tho. This is from Jan 21. It looks like the sky painted a fire-nado.

................................................

Image by SnaggleTooth March 2016

This Week:

Wednesday: 

Folks out in Louisiana 
getting flooded. 
Weather just raining some out, 
drying to drought for others, 
snowing for the wrong regions, 
storms in the wrong seasons, 
n summa where 
it should still be freezing. 
What's the deal... 
Nature is shuffling her deck!

Image by SnaggleTooth March 2016

What a difference weather can make in your life. A perfect 60 F degree day here with the sunshine n high stratus clouds had me longing for the bridge at the cove for sunset yet again. Almost summertime for a few hours. Thinking of planting things... but paranoid of the weather swings.

Image by SnaggleTooth March 2016

Alot of drama going on for folks around me. A very tired, over-worked guy fell asleep at the wheel, n took out the trash cans n parked van before hitting the pole in front of where I live. Because the house was so loud all day long, (The owner has been babysitting a 3-year-old every morning), I never picked out the noises of crashing as unusual n didn't notice until some one told me what happened.

Image by SnaggleTooth March 2016

No one seemed to know or care about the condition of the driver, they were concerned the insurance company wouldn't total the van so they could get a new vehicle. Why do folks always try to profit from somebody else's misfortune? 


Image by SnaggleTooth March 2016

This week going thru all the Lord of the Ring movies, n the first two Hobbits are next. Also saw the Tom Cruise Sci-Fi film "Oblivion," Which I liked for originality n well-orchestrated CGI droids. 

 Plants usually get more attention from me when it's nice out like this. I need to repot all my indoor plants, especially the ones from the bin the cats knocked down of Jade n Aloe. The cut back bare impatiens in the window are sprouting leaves, n the lone surviving African Violet has sprouted a single blossom this week, even tho I only get sunrise n sunset rays at the window here. The ancient Xmas cacti are alive n growing, but decided not to bloom here so far. I wish I was rested enough to have more ambition myself.
 
Image by SnaggleTooth March 2016

This week-end is Spring Ahead one hour for the clocks, n I'm going not looking forward to more missed sleep this week. More daylight hours should help my mood a bit tho. 

Hopefully the days asked for vaca toward the end of the month get approved so I can get caught up a bit. Really I need them now - but I'll take what I can get at this point. Onward another week...  

Photo by SnaggleTooth March 2016


This greenish lichen grows on alot of trees here.


4 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

A hobbit fest sounds good indeed.

How wonderful about your impatiens coming back, and an African violet too!

Hope the vacation days work out and are restful, maybe with a visit to your favorite beach.

Xxxoooo

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

Your pattern is so neat! So you live too far from the cove to go walk there? I loved your pics of the cove.

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

I only recently learned to pronounce lichen:-) We are all going to be really tired after tonight when the time change occurs and we lose an entire hour!!!

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Jannie, Still on the Hobbit now, trying to do so much else. I already got denied a day I needed this week off. Now I have to keep waiting- still exhausted n not done reading tax books. Thanks for the visit-

Lynn, I moved several miles away from where I was n am still a ways from the beach here. I did go there for a minute today, but time is too hurried. The little ones to visit are still over there.

Gran Annie, yep, interesting stuff the word. Also refers to the "Underworld" of werewolves "Lichen" in the scary movies. I'm so out of it exhausted this week. I missed an entire day of sleep ! Hope you are doing ok n not flooding this week- Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home